Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #1

Stop Light Chat

Yesterday the LW (little woman) and I went out for a short 4 hour ride. We were really enjoying the day as it has been perfect Nomad weather here in central Illinois.
We were passed by a Street Glide (I think) and a Ultra Classic on a rural 4 lane highway. I waved to both as they passed us. The Street Glide guy he just looked at us, and I'm thinking, "To each his own". The guy on the Ultra Classic gave us a thumbs up. So now I'm thinking. "How cool". We were stopped behind the Ultra at a rural stop light for only a few seconds. After we got going again I twisted it up a bit and passed the Ultra, the street glide was long gone. We happened to get stopped at another rural stop light a couple miles down the road. The pretty blue Ultra pulled up beside us and the rider said, "Nomad right?" I said yup an 07. He tells us he has an 02 Nomad and that's what he rides when he wants a "nice, smooth, quite ride". I told him my last bike was a Harley but after the test ride on the Nomad it was all she wrote. I told him the LW would like me to put a trunk / back rest like his on the Nomad.
The light turned green and off we went. That stop light chat topped off a perfect day with my wife. Thanks Mr Ultra.
VBA #656
Black 2007 1600 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
Stop Light Chat

Sounds like a great ride.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #3

Stop Light Chat

That's pretty neat!
I get alot of stares when I'm out riding on my bike, but nobody wants to talk :-(

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 11-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #4

Stop Light Chat

Don't see a lot of Nomad's in RI. When I do see one we're going opposite directions for the most part.

As a mater of fact I've only seen a couple in my 12,000 miles that I've put on the bike this year. Don't get a chance to tell the other rider "nice bike". :)

Old 11-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #5

Stop Light Chat

Every once in a while I stop beside another bike and am able to strike up a conversation, however short, with the other rider. Almost always ends with each admiring the others bike and asking questions. Talked to an Ultra rider about a year ago in a rest stop in South Carolina on a 35 degree day. Both of us joked that we thought we were the only crazy people out there but glad to see we had company, complimented each others bike, wished each other well, and continued our respective rides.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #6

Stop Light Chat

I guess I'm too easy to please. I'm thinkin' - when would I ever not want a nice, smooth, quiet ride? :)