Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #1

Favorite Motorcycle Campgrounds

Ok people...where is your favorite place to camp on a motorcycle trip.

Mine is up at Crater Lake Oregon at the Mazama Campground. Big sites that we can put 6 bikes and tents in, A great store, Hot Showers, and a restaurant that has a pretty decent breakfast buffet. They also have gas..but it's only 87 octane. Lots of awesome scenery every direction for 100's of miles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #2

Bobzinger,

Really cool place. My father used to run the lodge at Crater Lakes many years ago and we visited regularly. I've ridden around the lake on a bike, not a motorcyle, but a real bike, and I wouldn't recommend it. We used to cross country ski into Crater Lake in February and camp in the middle of winter. No worry about the crowds. Waking up inside the tent there was 'snow' from the condensation of your breath. But great memories. Haven't ridden on a motorcylce yet but plan to do so this summer. Good choice!

There are some great campsites on the Cascade Loop near Bend as well. Buck

Old 03-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #3

That's cool buck... 3 post are better than none even if it's from the same person. I was hoping to get some ideas for motorcycle camping.

I'll check out Cascade Loop area. Thanx

Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #4

Quote:
That's cool buck... 3 post are better than none even if it's from the same person. I was hoping to get some ideas for motorcycle camping.

I'll check out Cascade Loop area. Thanx
I haven't been able to help you much on this thread because I've never camped in the same spot twice, and don't plan them. Just hope to find them by the time the sun goes down.

The best I could do on this is, there is a good KOA near Mt. Rushmore. A good state park on hwy 61 in Iowa with great hot showers.

Haven't posted cause didn't have enough specifics, most of my camping is primitive type. Just going off a dirt road somewhere.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Been to crater lake a few times. amazingly beautiful place...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #6

Also in Oregon, we camped on the McKenzie River Highway, several nice campgrounds right on the river. Diamond Lake is nice as well but on the civilized side of camping. Some primitive sites on Hwy 242 from Sisters Or to the Mckenzie River Hwy. Also one of the nicest rides around but road normally isn't open until late June, possibly later this year with all the snow in Oregon. In Northern California, I've always wanted to ride the Trinity River and Marble Mountain areas. Buck