Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Strange Things Are Happening

2006 1600 Nomad- Performed some maintenance, including fuel filter change, oil/filter change, installed new to me gas gauge, etc. While tank was off, removed radiator cap and saw that it was full. Checked reservoir and it was a bit above the "Cold" mark. I did nothing with regards to the coolant except check the level. Buttoned everything back up and went out to run some errands. When I came out of a store, there was a puddle under the bike. No smell, but a bit slippery. When it dried on my fingers they were a bit sticky. I drove home (6 miles) and took the side cover off. The reservoir was empty. I filled it a bit above the "Full" mark. Went out a few hours later and started it and let it idle about 20 minutes. Went out to check and the fan was going and there was a puddle. From the slope of my garage floor I could tell it came from the drain hose on the reservoir and the reservoir was full to the top and hot to the touch. What's going on?

Login or Register to Remove Ads