Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I just got in. Rode all night. A thousand and something miles in less than 24 hrs. Damn tired, but not dead.
Damn, tough guy. Get some rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorrow View Post
DANG!!!! You must have wanted to get home to see the INLAWS before they left out.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #17

Dang Mike I am glad I didn't ride with you
Jimmy and I got home around 3:30 cold all the way but no rain, Thanks Katy oh and I guess Victor did help a little.
And a special thinks to Rick for replacing my oil seal.
Glen I am glad your tire made it home.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #18

Now that is impressive! Enjoyed our little talks. Take care Mike.

Quote:
I just got in. Rode all night. A thousand and something miles in less than 24 hrs. Damn tired, but not dead.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #19

Glad you made it home with no deer hunting also glad I did not ride with you NO way I could have rode that far at one time

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers View Post
Jimmy and I got home around 3:30 cold all the way but no rain, Thanks Katy oh and I guess Victor did help a little.
That's what you get for parking next to Jimmy's bike all those nights. That Kawasaki caught the dreaded Harley Davidson oil leak virus. Now you know why I carried so many spare o-rings, gaskets, and oil absorbent pads with me.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
VBA Founder

Quote:
Damn.... I guess that's why your name is Tripp.... with a double P.......
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #22

Liz and I got home today, Monday about 2:30. Everything is unpacked and put away. The bikes are washed and in the garage. It was so great to see everyone again. Thank you Victor and Katy for everything you did putting on the rally.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #23

Waving

Had a great time! I hope Victor gave you a big hug from me Katy.. You two always put on a great rally now for next year can you order up some warm weather please. Miss everyone already.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #24

Sorry for not checking in. We took the more senic route home and Gina had to stop and warm up some. We made it home about 3:30.
Had a great time and hated for it to be over. I guess thats why I look forward to the next one so much. Enjoyed meeting all the new Guys and Gals and seeing all the regulars as well.
I thought for sure I wouldn't have to eat for at least a week, but I did have some lunch today.
Already looking forward to next time
VBA #628
IBA #54485

Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Me too. My jaw hurts a little from clenching my teeth all the way home.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #26

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
First, even though I know he doesn't want to hear it again, THANKS VIC, KATE, AND, JOHN, AND, YOUR FAMILY for a FANTASTIC time!Y'alls time and efforts didn't go unnoticed with the preparing, coordinating,setting up and talking the nice people at the Budget Inn in to hosting this thing! Folks like me look up to you! For your talent to be able to orchestrate an event like this. MAN, a Band and everything! He's super human! When most of us went back to the rooms to recoup from the ride, Vic was still out there working the crowd and cooking!

Also mention to "Hotel Dave" how much we appreciate him being the host motel. There's nothing like the nostalgic feel of the old Mom and Pop Motels, and there's a lot of business risk taken to buy one of those things and make a living with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorrow View Post
DANG!!!! You must have wanted to get home to see the INLAWS before they left out.
That useless low life bunch had to get on back to cash their disability checks and be at the pawn shop Monday morning to sell any tools, gold coins, or pistols I missed, and didn't lock up before I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygene49 View Post
Iron butt! How far is East Bend from Laurel Springs?
Well, because me and the girl on the Garmin got in a pissing fight, she added about 60 miles to the trip and I got to see TEXARKANA, TEXAS on the way home! I tried to link my rout to show my travel, but I don't know how, or more honestly can't remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Damn, tough guy. Get some rest.

No,,,,,,,,,I've been doing stuff like that, from time to time, my whole life. My daddy can confirm it. Had it not been for him, and his open handed slaps cross my haid I would be DAID by now! There was this one time, when I was about 8 or 10, me and my buddies had this idea to tie a garden hose to a limb and swing from a tree house with it. That thing lasted maybe an hour and then my turn came again. When my body slammed the hell out of the ground amongst the tree stobs from small trees we'd cleared, it knocked every last ounce of wind out of me! All my friends were- and damned if my dad didn't walk up after I figured I was going to live, and found out what was going on. He grabbed me and shook some more air in me and once or twice across the head, and ask I I'd done my homework yet. The answer should have been obvious! Folks that do thing like that DON"T DO NO HOMEWORK!

Don't know if it's true or not, but I hear that the folks that own that house now discovered the petrified shroud of tureen impression on the ground of a young boy that I left there forty years ago, and are making a living charging people admission to see it!

But anyway.

Quote:
Oh man! You should have done this one with me, 'cause they might not be nair next time! I got wind, rain, mountains TRUCKS, twistees, freezees, and get back on the interstate and head the wrong way twice, which added about another forty miles to the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
Now that is impressive! Enjoyed our little talks. Take care Mike.
You wanna hear impressive? Listen to Gene Wanderer! He ain't human! I'm a flash in the pan compared to a blast furriness!

I enjoyed seeing you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69 View Post
Glad you made it home with no deer hunting also glad I did not ride with you NO way I could have rode that far at one time
I was ready for 'em! I had on enough clothes that I would have bounced for at least a mile or to the bottom of a mountain, maybe uninjured, but shaken up in the event of a deer strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman View Post
Liz and I got home today, Monday about 2:30. Everything is unpacked and put away. The bikes are washed and in the garage. It was so great to see everyone again. Thank you Victor and Katy for everything you did putting on the rally.
The only thing clean on my Beloved Nomad is the seat where my butt was. I finally unpacked her after I partially recovered.

I hope everybody can make it to Estes Park. Aside from Nightmare's efforts it's the people that make a rally. It was a pleasure to see all of you again, and you all greeted me like you knew me. A bunch of great memories and conversation. I'll post the pic after a while.

Right now, my eyes are sagging nearly closed! Need another nap!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #27

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Damn.... I guess that's why your name is Tripp.... with a double P.......
I added that extra "P" in order to impress the BABES!

When you're short you have to be resourceful try anything! I think they know that and thats why I get into some freaky stuff!

Not quite on the level like ray dose.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #28

Me and Marisa had a great ttime at our first ever rally. Thank you Vic and Katy for an awesome time. It was a pleasure to meet and ride w all of you. After I dropped Marisa off at DFW I've been riding about 400 miles a day and am relaxing at the Hampton Inn at Crestview Fl right now. I should make it home by tomorrow evening. My Nomad has been a sweet ride the whole way. I'm already looking forward to the next rally.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #29

i made it home 6 oclock monday a big thank you to katie and vic for a great rally and now its back to work time see you all later

National Rally 2009 - Custer, SD
NorthCentral Regional Rally 2010 - Prairie du Chien, WI
National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #30

Thanks go out to Vic and Katie for hosting such a great party. Met some really great people and ate some great food, went on some fantastic rides and only got a little bit wet. What more could you ask for? Got home yesterday at 3:00 p.m. Ray and I split up in DesMoines and I set the cruise on 75 and rode straight thru with only one stop for fuel, was trying to beat the rain that was moving into the Twin Cities. Oh ya, I found out the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee. Thanks Jim.

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally