Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #1

'Other Bikes' Board

I visit some other forums as I have a Vulcan 750, Ken has a Goldwing and Honda Shadow Sabre. ...and I visit some other forums of make/models that I like or have owned.

Noticed most of the these forums have a 'other bikes' board as a lot of times riders will have more than one bike or just want to talk about another make/model. I have run across threads on other forums about the Nomad which were interesting...given in positive light....bike comparoes etc...

What about a 'other bikes' board for here? Not to knock other bikes (lots of sweet bikes out there...if we all rode the same thing what a dull world) but for discussions on other bikes owned/interested, ride reports when try out other makes/models in etc....What y'all think.....I know Trip is open to ideas...would you guys like this? Or call it 'other bikes/bike comparisons'. :-/
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #2

'Other Bikes' Board

I like the idea, my wife rides a Yamaha 950T.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #3

'Other Bikes' Board

nancy.. you on VN750.com ? loved that site for my 750.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #4

'Other Bikes' Board

Makes sense, especially since we have so many other Boards.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
Mega-Contributor

'Other Bikes' Board

Well, we do have the NNR (Not Nomad Related) /OMT area. But then you'd have your other bike posts mixed with political stuff.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #6

'Other Bikes' Board

Sounds like a good idea to me...the NNR board is a waste of time as so many posts are non bike related and most are offensive to someone. I have banned the NNR board from my browsing so if something was posted there I would never see it.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 08-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #7

'Other Bikes' Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by borto1990
Been on there some. Need to be on there now...750 is in shop for carb cleaning and flushing the fuel line..darn ethanol (corn syrup) gas...going to start putting additive in (by staybil?) to help prevent future problems.
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #8

'Other Bikes' Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by James "Bubba" Andreu
Sounds like a good idea to me...the NNR board is a waste of time as so many posts are non bike related and most are offensive to someone. I have banned the NNR board from my browsing so if something was posted there I would never see it.
Yep...'non-nomad/off motorcycle topics' can cover a lot of ground.
If did a 'other bikes' board ...then could just rename the nnr-omt to 'non-motorcycle' or something.
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Advanced Member

'Other Bikes' Board

A non-Nomad motorcycle board would be nice. Also an oil/filter board, and a tire board. There is so much info and opinions about certain items that sometimes it's own board could simplify things. Saving some redundancy and searching for "that thread that had that info about the specific oil that I am intersted in but can't find so I'll start another oil thread to ask about oil and have members roll their eyes and think "not again"!"

VBA 00735
VROC 28102

2008 KVN MOB & NS

The only hand-held device that should be legal to use while driving is the STEERING WHEEL!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to bokobob
'Other Bikes' Board

I think this is a good idea...Would pay careful attention to parameters...For example, is a 1600 Vulcan a "non-Nomad" bike for purposes of such a forum? Maybe would be best to just call it "Non Nomad Bike Discusssion Forum" and see what happens..

Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Advanced Member

'Other Bikes' Board

Since this board is titled "Nomad/Motorcycle Related Topics", I always assumed that talk of other bikes was would be good to go here, since it would be motorcycle related.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #12

'Other Bikes' Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2
Quote:
Originally Posted by borto1990
Been on there some. Need to be on there now...750 is in shop for carb cleaning and flushing the fuel line..darn ethanol (corn syrup) gas...going to start putting additive in (by staybil?) to help prevent future problems.
I am far from an expert on the subject, but have you researched Seafoam? I use it and have read good things about it ;) (I got mine at NAPA)

Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #13

'Other Bikes' Board

deacon - the kaw dealer working on my 750 carbs said after they flush the fuel lines they will put fresh gas in that will already be treated. I told him I use seafoam in the nomad and asked if they would work for this. He said seafoam is pretty good but that this addative he is putting in will be better for this situation. He said he will show me when I come back in to pick up the bike. Also I think he said it's not a big problem in the EFI bikes..I think that's what he said. :-/

I'll start a new thread with the name of the stuff when I found out what it is to see if you guys have heard of it. Thanks.
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #14

'Other Bikes' Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBob
A non-Nomad motorcycle board would be nice. Also an oil/filter board, and a tire board. There is so much info and opinions about certain items that sometimes it's own board could simplify things. Saving some redundancy and searching for "that thread that had that info about the specific oil that I am untested in but can't find so I'll start another oil thread to ask about oil and have members roll their eyes and think "not again"!"
FYI - There is a tire/wheel board....click on KawaNOW General Boards and the tire/wheel board is a sub board under..ah the Nomad technical boards. Also there is an 'engine' sub-board..might be some oil discussions there? Or the maintenance sub-board.
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #15

'Other Bikes' Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by phred
Since this board is titled "Nomad/Motorcycle Related Topics", I always assumed that talk of other bikes was would be good to go here, since it would be motorcycle related.
Not sure...think I saw a thread about another bike just recently moved to the non..etc board. I think. But then was moved back to nomad/m/c related. :-/ We have Nomad and motorcycle related. Then I think Non Nomad Related/Non motorcyle related board was combined from something else? Then a recent tire post has not been moved to the 'tire/wheel board. I don't know...I'm confused. :-/ ....Sorry didn't mean to confuse others. :-[
Kawanow Member #23