Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #1

Fairings

Can I get some pictures of different fairings you all have, pros and cons, price that you paid etc. I am thinking about getting one but not sure of fit, ride, and the ability to put a decent sound system in it. Also interested in eas of instalation. Show me your stuff....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #2

Fairings

Heres the place where my fairing is from http://www.premeux.com/ , although it was on the bike when I bought it. Its a very well made fairing, easy to install, and comes painted to match your bike. The sight will give you all the info you need better than I can explain.
It is a copy of an HD fairing, the only thing I would like to change is the inner fairing, so it would have the cutouts for the gauges, I may still install some at a future date. They also have Lowers and Tour Paks available.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #3

Fairings

I got a fairing from Wide Open Customs last week, and it's out at the painter now. I'll post pics when I get it back.

Here is the gallery from their page that has a lot of Nomad Pics in it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/wideopencustom/Kawasaki#

Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Fairings

I have a Premeux batwing and lower fairings. I really like them. I purchased them used and had to have it painted black to match the bike, but I got a very good deal.
Very straightforward bolt on.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Fairings

I to went with wideopen fairings and I love it. But I would strongly sugest you put your own stereo in it as the one they supply you with really stinks no power and the speakers suck. I ordered mine with there stereo and speakers and they lasted awhile. But I replaced them with a high power alpine deck and polk audio speakers and man what a difference.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Fairings

...Mine is an early 80's Harley outer only. If I had to do it again, it would be an aftermarket unit like Premeux or Wide Open. Although it looks fine, it has no tunes and with mounting and paint, cost me over half of what the custom ones do. :)

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #7

Fairings

Spirello, I meant to ping you back about the stereo. I asked about getting the fairing w/o any cutouts for audio, and they said no. I doubt I'll use the audio anyway, but needed something inexpensive to fill the holes, so I went with their system. They might have changed it somewhat since the pics on the website because the Jensen deck is different and the speakers are 5.25" instead of the 5" you mentioned before. I still might go with no radio at all and make a plastic box to fit the deck opening to use as a glove box catchall.

I really wanted to use the little "cubby hole" pod that mounts below the deck opening, but it hits on my PhatII risers. I'm getting it painted anyway for the future in case I change bars or something.

The money I saved by picking it up in person at the shop was more than blown because I got a dang speeding ticket on the way over to get it!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #8

Fairings

Here'swhat you need.
http://www.gadgetjq.com/fairings.htm

Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #9

Fairings

superduty...did you know that WideOpen offers a stereo upgrade? For $100 they will upgrade you to a Sony CDX-M6OUI deck with 2 pair of Sony xs-GT1326A 5 1/4" speakers. I finally got my fairing test fitted and now I'm into the painting, but haven't hooked up the stereo yet. I'll let you know how it sounds when I do.
mike

Old 06-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Fairings

gotta watch which fairing you go with and make sure it will fit IF you have added on a Cobra or some other light bar.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #11

Fairings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey911s
superduty...did you know that WideOpen offers a stereo upgrade? For $100 they will upgrade you to a Sony CDX-M6OUI deck with 2 pair of Sony xs-GT1326A 5 1/4" speakers. I finally got my fairing test fitted and now I'm into the painting, but haven't hooked up the stereo yet. I'll let you know how it sounds when I do.
mike
Yeah, but that would have been a total of $200 more for better sounding audio, that I don't think I'm gonna listen to anyway.

I could be wrong though - goodness knows it's happened before.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Fairings

SUPERDUTY I NEVER LISTEN TO THE STEREO IN MY TRUCK BUT I ALWAYS DO ON THE BIKE THERES JUST SOMPTHING ABOUT TUNES ON A BIKE. AND IF YOU DO GET A STEREO AND ARE USING A IPOD LOOK FOR A STEREO THAT HAS A PLUG FOR IT IN THE BACK OF THE DECK AND YOU CAN USE THE IPOD THROUGH THE STEREO FACE INSTEAD OF MESSING WITH THE IPOD. AND IT CHARES IT WHILE YOU RIDE.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #13

Fairings

I have the Tsukayu and love it.
I chose to replace their provided Kenwood stero with a Sony Marine unit because control with gloves was an issue - The Fairing with stereo was the BEST accessory I added to my Decked out Nomad - get one, I'd highly recomend it.

It will be up for sale soon as I just took delivery on a new bike.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #14

Fairings

I have the Premeux, sure it's a little more expensive, but you get quality, and most of the Harley accessories will fit it ('96 and up). As far as ease of install, all you have to do is remove your windshield, take the fairing out of the box, and put it on the bike, install the windshield (3 bolts), Ready to ride with a color matched fairing.
Like Ring said, the only thing I would like different is for the inner fairing to have the locations for gages.
Although I repainted mine, It does come with an exact match to the year model color of your bike.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
Top Contributor

Fairings

But will it fit with a Cobra lightbar Cliff???