Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #91

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/KawaNOW discoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidelt503
There is a company that makes the front fairings in Maryville, TN for only $250. Many speakers options to choose from as well; 2 or 4 5" and also one with 2 6"x9". You can even visit their garage to see the fit and quality before purchasing!!!
Thats Alex at Reckless..Thats where alot of us purchsed from

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidelt503
There is a company that makes the front fairings in Maryville, TN for only $250. Many speakers options to choose from as well; 2 or 4 5" and also one with 2 6"x9". You can even visit their garage to see the fit and quality before purchasing!!!
Thats Alex at Reckless..Thats where alot of us purchsed from
Gotcha, I was to lazy to read thru 7 pages :)

Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #93

check out recklessmotorcycles.com for there special holiday price on fairings, i have one and would not trade it for anything it is great.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #94

love mine.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #95

I am going to order a fairing soon and had a few questions for those that have one already.
1. What speakers size did you get? (I'm thinking 6 1/2)
2. What windscreen size and tinted or not ?
3. Is there enough room to add a power outlet?
4. I was thinking about adding a fuse panel accessable through a speaker hole. Is this feasible?

I'm sure I will have other questions later. Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #96

Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #97

Very nice setup. Do you have a rain cover for you radio or is it marine ?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #98
Advanced Member

That looks like the same marine radio cover I have for mine. It has the drop down plastic smoke cover to protect the radio from rain etc.

Like your setup too, nice.

I have 4 5" speakers in mine. I may opt for a small AMP to boost, but likely not unless I add rear speakers. Is your amp in the fairing? I don't think I have enough room in mine to put one there unless it's pretty thin? Any specs on your amp? size, brand etc.

Scott

Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #99

yes, my amp is mounted under the fairing. and my marine in dash mount came from bass pro shop like $10 bucks, I have replaced that junk system from PYLE... pyle of crap but you get what you pay for. I upgraded to a PIONEER DEH-P5200HD CD/MP3/IPOD/USB/AUX & HD RADIO and matching speakers Pioneer TS-A6993R 5-Way 6" x 9" Car Speaker you can get both on ebay for about $200 HD sound is awesome. I need to post picks of the inner workings of my fairing, I have added other switches and gadgets, also have a 6 fuse buse mounted inside of the fairing, best of all I have a 2 prong disconnect plug that supplies the power to the fairing for easy removal, disconnect and remove 4 bolts and my bike transforms quickly to a different look. another thing to look at on the rear of my bike is my brake lights!!! if you will notice the two hardbag brackets that run down on the back of my back has LED strips mounted to them, they are hard to spot until I hit the brakes, and notice underneath my luggage rack in the middle i have mounted a 5 red led pod that is also connected to my brake lights. It helps to be seen.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #100
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metricman
yes, my amp is mounted under the fairing. and my marine in dash mount came from bass pro shop like $10 bucks, I have replaced that junk system from PYLE... pyle of crap but you get what you pay for. I upgraded to a PIONEER DEH-P5200HD CD/MP3/IPOD/USB/AUX & HD RADIO and matching speakers Pioneer TS-A6993R 5-Way 6" x 9" Car Speaker you can get both on ebay for about $200 HD sound is awesome. I need to post picks of the inner workings of my fairing, I have added other switches and gadgets, also have a 6 fuse buse mounted inside of the fairing, best of all I have a 2 prong disconnect plug that supplies the power to the fairing for easy removal, disconnect and remove 4 bolts and my bike transforms quickly to a different look. another thing to look at on the rear of my bike is my brake lights!!! if you will notice the two hardbag brackets that run down on the back of my back has LED strips mounted to them, they are hard to spot until I hit the brakes, and notice underneath my luggage rack in the middle i have mounted a 5 red led pod that is also connected to my brake lights. It helps to be seen.
Good info, thanks. But the lights, can't really see them in the sig pic? But I get the locations. I had a LED strip mounted on my backrest before I removed it and put on the trunk. Now I have 2 lights mounted in the trunk as brake lights. I then modified my rear turn signals to work as running lights and turn signals. Since I have the 2 upper as brake too, didn't think I needed them to be brake as well. I may add 2 more in my saddle bags, but not sure yet.

I also need to do some changes in my fairing inside. Want to put in a amplified antenna so no external mounted, and make a better quick disconnect for power. Also put in a small amp and drill for the deflector wings I want to put on the batwing, and add some other goodies to the fairing etc.

I don't think my bike with EVER be done!!!! been 8+ years now. Some years do nothing and then others a lot seems to happen

Thanks again for the reply.

Scott

Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #101

powered antenna Two thumbs up... get what you pay for. the whole front center of my inner fairing has a big strip of Velcro for mounting my gps and Ipod side by side.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #102

Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #103

Send a message via Yahoo to txtimberwolf

I pulled the triger on the faring tonight. I got the 4x5" speakers and stereo with ipod setup. I was wondering if any of you got this setup, and how long after you placed the order did you receive the faring? Hoping to get it in and painted before April 1st.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #104
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtimberwolf
I pulled the triger on the faring tonight. I got the 4x5" speakers and stereo with ipod setup. I was wondering if any of you got this setup, and how long after you placed the order did you receive the faring? Hoping to get it in and painted before April 1st.
I think it took about 10 days to get my fairing after I placed my order.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #105

Sold my old bmw today I guess I will go to Reckless tommorow and try to do some dealing with Alex

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16