Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #226

do you know if this deal is still aviable

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers View Post
I have been working with Alex at Reckless Motorcycles on a price for his Fairings.
I talked to Alex this afternoon and here is what we came up with.

This is for the non stereo faring you install your own radio & speakers it comes with mounting brackets and your choice of a 5" or 8" windshield.
Price $315.00
shipping in the US $50.00
He said he could ship to Canada for about $75.00

When you go to his site to order or when you call, the VBA code is KAW14 you need this code to get this price.

Also some have asked about the speaker holes he said he can leave them solid but it will have a recess where the holes should be.

The radio opening is 8 1/2" X 3 1/2" which works for a marine splash cover and a standard single din radio.

In a few months he will start making the fairing with 6" and 6"x9" speaker holes.

He also has tour pak like Harleys that he said he would get me a price on it in a few days

If you would send me a PM when you order one as I may be able to use the amount of sales to get lower prices on other things.

Also I told him after we get our fairings painted and mounted some of us would send him a picture so he could us it on his site.

This is for the 1500 and 1600 Nomad

Here is his web site:
www.recklessmotorcycles.com/

My two cents, have a friend who purchased a Reckless fairing and the quality control with them is NOT that great. He also called them and they wouldn't do anything about it, told him he was stuck with it. I have seen it myself and there is a slight difference from one side to the other. and inside is different from one speaker to the other. I know he's pissed at them and posted on stratoliner site with all the issues with it.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/starr...Reading+%3E%3E

Last edited by starvy40; 11-21-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #228

A bit late in the game here as I've just joined the forum but re: complaints relating to poor windshield fabrication, one option is to go to local auto glass shop and purchase a lexan (clear or tinted) scrap just a bit larger than what you need (scrap can be bought dirt cheap), it will come covered with a film which serves to protect the lexan, trace the outline of the shield pattern onto it, (or better yet, add extra protection in the form of wide masking tape prior to tracing), cut out with a sabre saw, then sand the edge on a bench mounted belt sander to remove irregularities (use light touch and keep the lexan moving to avoid flat spots), then once satisfied with the results, use a torch to heat the edge (the heat will turn the sanded surface clear). Again, keep flame moving, this time to avoid overheating as doing so would cause bubbling as well as generate dark particulates (soot ???) to appear in the edge, which will require you to go back to square one with the edge finishing process (sand it again, then try again with the torch). If a homemade solution is not for you, in addition to the solutions described in the various posts, consider a Cee Bailey shield - unbeatable quality.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #229

best bet on a windshield in Fast Aire or long shield rider shields twice as thick and you can get a recurve which allows you to use shorter one to see over instead of thru and they have a nice chrome strip for the front where the screws go thru.

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 05-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #230

Reckless

Seen there is a fairing on ebay and thought it might be the same, where is Reckless located?

The Black Gel coat does it match to a 2007 Nomad that is Black?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #231

I have talked with two people at Reckless Motorcycles. "Hollie" at Reckless told me that I would need the actual PDF certificiate to receive the discount when ordering. Their discount shopping cart on the website does not work.

I requested VBA Certificate from two different contacts within VBA more than ten days ago. No response from either.

The Operator today at Reckless confirmed that I need to send the VBA certificate. They will not look up your name on the VBA website to confirm that you are a registered member. Have to have the certificate to send via email or fax.

I was also told that they are three weeks out on shipping basic orders. Longer on paint and some radio installs.

Last edited by dhuttonkc; 06-13-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #232

I simply waited on my certificate (takes time, people have lives), and emailed it to them. 4-6wks seems pretty standard with handmade items such as this, whats another 2 weeks. I guarantee it won't arrive nearly as quick as you want

2007 Vulcan Nomad 1600
VBA #02525

Old 06-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuttonkc View Post
I have talked with two people at Reckless Motorcycles. "Hollie" at Reckless told me that I would need the actual PDF certificiate to receive the discount when ordering. Their discount shopping cart on the website does not work.

I requested VBA Certificate from two different contacts within VBA more than ten days ago. No response from either.

The Operator today at Reckless confirmed that I need to send the VBA certificate. They will not look up your name on the VBA website to confirm that you are a registered member. Have to have the certificate to send via email or fax.

I was also told that they are three weeks out on shipping basic orders. Longer on paint and some radio installs.

Boils down to this. Don't wait for your certificate. Spend the extra money and get your order in. In my case, had the certificate earned me a discount then a payment to VBA for "membership" would have been made in appreciation for having received the deal. At this rate it will be winter before I can get a fairing.............

Knowing what I know of Reckless, Best off buying somewhere else !!!!

Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #234

This is the corrected link to the VBA member list.

DC

http://www.vulcanbagger.org/#!members/ckts

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Old 06-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #235

Thanks DC but I had already found the membership list online and noted that Reckless will not visit that page to lookup member status. I have to have the pdf certificate.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuttonkc View Post
Thanks DC but I had already found the membership list online and noted that Reckless will not visit that page to lookup member status. I have to have the pdf certificate.
Have you sent in a request for the certificate with the information needed to prepare it?

I'm creating and sending these certificates by request only. If you would like a certificate of membership by email attachment, please send me:

1. Your full name and handle (if you want it on there)
2. VBA number

to: jaredmgant@gmail.com

Please put in the subject line "VBA Membership Cert", or something close, just to let me know the email is for a certificate.

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Last edited by minst7877; 06-06-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #237

UPDATE: June 13, 2014 Thanks to "oldbiker" for sending a PM on the certificate and to "VBA Admin" for getting the certificate to me as an email attachment in PDF. The request took about two weeks to fulfill. I understand that we all have lives and commitments outside of VBA.

From Reckless Motorcycles today..... The VBA certificate entitled me to 10% OFF of my order before shipping. Not just a $35 discount. I spoke with Hollie Boring to place my order and was pleased to receive an additional $50 discount off of their Reckless Audio package fairing.

A NOTE: At first I was going to just order the bare fairing w/o an installed stereo or speakers. Hollie noted to me that each "bare - no stereo" fairing is produced with a single DIN cutout that fits a normal in dash stereo. I wanted the marine version Infinity PV250 unit (not CD). The cutout would be a different shape. She also included the 12v Power connection in the SPECIAL, normally an additional $35. So, I will be able to mount my iphone w/GPS to the dash and power connect right there once I have an appropriate dash mount for the phone mounted. That will allow me to play anything I have on the iphone via bluetooth or use the in dash radio for sound.

I paid a little more than buying a marine unit in dash and speakers, $220 delivered for the Infinity PV250 from another supplier (plus antenna and power harness and power supply, another 40 bucks or so) and installing them all myself. But, I hope to be pleased to be able to just bolt the complete unit onto the bike and go ride in a couple of weeks. The savings from VBA also allowed me to add deflectors and trim. I was feeling extra rich today for some reason.

Hollie also confirmed that she has been quoting three weeks till shipping, but in reality they are running about two weeks. We will see....

I will have to dismount the fairing this Winter for paint over the black gelcoat.

Here is the link to the SPECIAL being offered (June 2014)

http://recklessmotorcycles.com/index...ct_detail&p=85

Last edited by dhuttonkc; 06-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #238

I have one on my 99 nomad,I left it black

Old 05-01-2015, 11:48 PM   #239

Reckless fairings

Hey All, drove up to Maryville, Tn. today to check out the fairings and had some questions. I live in North AL. So not too far of drive. Looked at different options and chose the one I wanted, after going back and forth on speaker option. Was able to talk to a guy that worked there. Asked him about 6x9 versus 4 of the 5" speakers. He said the 4 put out a better quality sound, especially with a amp. Only problem, Debbie would not give me a discount. She said I had to have certificate in Hand, saying I was a Vulcan Bagger member. Prices were higher than what I've read on your Threads. I told her the code for the discount, still no deal ?? So what's up. Has anyone had any dealings with Reckless lately. Thanks. Gillybagger

Old 05-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #240

crazy Reckless Fairing

Sorry, think I just got my answer. Did not read above close enough. Pays to read more, not just pictures.