Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #16

Got my notice Saturday and it is going in today.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
Got my notice Saturday and it is going in today.
Can you try and get a picture of this guard they are installing to protect the wires. I am intrigued

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #18
Top Contributor

I got the recall notice today. It states "DO NOT RIDE YOUR MOTORCYCLE UNTIL THE REPAIR HAS BEEN COMPLETED ".

I guess you have to get someone with a trailer to take it to the dealership.

I sold the Voyager almost a year ago and don't know the address of who bought it.
Will Kawasaki Canada contact that person somehow ?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
I got the recall notice today. It states "DO NOT RIDE YOUR MOTORCYCLE UNTIL THE REPAIR HAS BEEN COMPLETED ".

I guess you have to get someone with a trailer to take it to the dealership.

I sold the Voyager almost a year ago and don't know the address of who bought it.
Will Kawasaki Canada contact that person somehow ?
Kawasaki would only notify that person if that person registered it with Kawasaki, that is normally done if the warranty is transferred over or the person gets an extended warranty, otherwise it goes to the original registered with Kawasaki owner. Not sure if your local DMV will give you the info as he would have had to do a transfer of ownership through them.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 09-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #20
Top Contributor

In my opinion Kawasaki Canada should get the current addresses of all owners of the vehicles involved from the DMV and inform them. If Kawasaki is only contacting people who registered the purchase with Kawasaki they are going to miss a lot of bikes needing the recall and inspection.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
In my opinion Kawasaki Canada should get the current addresses of all owners of the vehicles involved from the DMV and inform them. If Kawasaki is only contacting people who registered the purchase with Kawasaki they are going to miss a lot of bikes needing the recall and inspection.
that's right good tinking redjay never thought about that!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #22
Advanced Member

Can the DVM give that info out? I don't think in Ohio you can unless you are a cop or government official...or have a court order. Might be time to adjust the laws for recalls that are approved through the proper government agencies.

Got my notice yesterday also. I will get around to it, I fixed mine when I got the bike.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
Can you try and get a picture of this guard they are installing to protect the wires. I am intrigued
I don't know when they will get to this but here are some pics from the instructions posted on another forum:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...5V550-5662.pdf

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #24

Of course that said, the onus should also be on the current owner to be aware of recalls, I know I was when I purchased a used 750 sabre that had the cam issues because I asked the dealers and also made inquires every now and then of other owners with the same bike, Ma Kaw should be proactive but how do you do that for a bike that may have changed hands many many times? I think most current owners will get the info via word of mouth and if they are smart, go check with the dealer, I know I did on this recall and I have not had any recall notice as yet.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 09-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #25
Top Contributor

Someone might be lucky enough to get "word of mouth" of a recall but it should be on Kawasakis dime to make sure everyone with a product of theirs is informed of a recall.
The only way to do that is to get the DMV to tell you who has a vehicle involved in the recall.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #26

I took mine in this past Saturday for an oil change and the recall, and my dealer had to inspect it before ordering parts. And if it fails, they can't release the bike back to the customer until it's fixed. Needless to say, my bike failed the inspection, and I'm without wheels until this Friday. Apparently Kawasaki has to mine the ore to make the parts before they ship them to my dealer; I was pretty upset with my dealer when they just plopped this BS in my lap about not releasing the bike until it's done. One would think that the dealer I bought the bike from would at least show some empathy about my situation, maybe offer a loaner program for such instances? Nope! Not a one. If this is the usual story for how Kawasaki and their dealer network take care of their customers, consider me a new Road Glide Special owner come spring. I'll pay extra if it means a better product and a better dealer experience.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #27
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myklops View Post
I took mine in this past Saturday for an oil change and the recall, and my dealer had to inspect it before ordering parts. And if it fails, they can't release the bike back to the customer until it's fixed. Needless to say, my bike failed the inspection, and I'm without wheels until this Friday. Apparently Kawasaki has to mine the ore to make the parts before they ship them to my dealer; I was pretty upset with my dealer when they just plopped this BS in my lap about not releasing the bike until it's done. One would think that the dealer I bought the bike from would at least show some empathy about my situation, maybe offer a loaner program for such instances? Nope! Not a one. If this is the usual story for how Kawasaki and their dealer network take care of their customers, consider me a new Road Glide Special owner come spring. I'll pay extra if it means a better product and a better dealer experience.
If they do that to me I will call the cops, and a lawyer. It's your bike, they have no legal right to keep it as long as you don't owe them any money.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #28
Top Contributor

So if the bike set on fire because of the recall issue would you sue Kawasaki because they gave you your bike back ?

Old 09-23-2015, 09:07 PM   #29
Advanced Member

Nope, it was my choice. But I would claim it on my insurance.

Edit: However, that failure causing a fire without a fuse blowing would be total BS.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #30
Top Contributor

I think your insurance company might not pay out if they found out you had received a recall notice telling you not to ride the motorcycle and you chose to ignore the warning ?