Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 07-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to ken
Helmets - Yes or No.

I know this is a subject that I really should keep my mouth shut about, but I just was looking at a photo of a new member and noted that he and his passenger were not wearing helmets. Admittedly the bike was stationary, but my thought was - if the driver doesn't want to wear a helmet, so be it. But it seemed in the photo that the passenger was a young person. As an adult, a father and a (I hope) responsible rider, I would always want my passenger to wear a helmet (as I do). And as for young people (read children), they should always wear a helmet.

Now I know that the wearing of helmets is a touchy subject in the U.s. and I have no wish to raise anyone temperature, or interfer with their "God given rights," but helmets are just sooo important.

OK, I said my piece.....Regards to all and be safe - Ken

Login or Register to Remove Ads