Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 04-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #16
Advanced Member

Damn! Would expect more support from the local police. "You got insurance" is like saying "get over it." Any chance this was in a locale with businesses running their own security cameras? Might be a source to check to get info on the vehicle or at least get a video record of the incident. Not to stir up bad feelings, but if you can give more details on the crash it may be something we can all learn from.

When I review crash data I consider everything; time of day, riding into/away the sun, shadows, road conditions, number of lanes, number of access/exits to the roadway, other vehicles, your position in traffic, etc. So many factors combine to create any crash, and every factor is critical to understand how the crash happened but more to learn how to build your situational awareness and rider intuition. It all goes to help trigger the brain into the "careful, warning, we've been here before."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-24-2023, 05:07 AM   #17

Firm grip over your throttles, easy posture, accurate legs and feet position, enough caliber to control all the features add much more to your safe rides. Rider must follow some Motorcycle Safety Tips to stay protected from any pathetic or harsh situation.