Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #1

Roar By the Shore - S. Padre Island , TX

Just to let everyone know - there is a great bike rally taking place at South Padre Island TX on Oct. 11 - 14. There are vendors, bands, plenty of beach life, tons of bars and plenty of bikes. I will find the address and post it later or you can just do a search on "Roar by the Shore"

If anyone is planning on coming down for this event. Let me know - I would love to meet up with my fellow KawaNow members. I am starting to think I have the only Nomad in the area :(

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #2

Here is the link for SPI Bike Fest - Roar by the Shore http://www.spibikefest.com/

Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Top Contributor

My wife and I looked into that rally and the rally in Galveston. My only problem is that they get real proud of their hotel rooms during the rallies. I noticed prices jumped significantly for the rooms.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #4

Quote:
My wife and I looked into that rally and the rally in Galveston. My only problem is that they get real proud of their hotel rooms during the rallies. I noticed prices jumped significantly for the rooms.
You could check rooms Off-Island during the rally period. You should be able to find a normally priced room between Galveston and Houston ( only 50 miles from city hall to city hall, even less city limits to city limits).

Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #5

One of my kids just started working for the city of Corpus Christi. Maybe one day the wife and I will ride down for a visit and we can get together with you Texas folks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #6

Corpus is about 3 hours from the Valley - but in Texas - hell that's next door!!! Just let me know when yall will be comin', we'll throw some fajitas on the grill and have a party - border style!