Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Very good, Peg! Let me ask the experienced users one more question. Will your bike (having been flashed by Ivan) work the same flawless way if you decide to use your OEM mufflers for a while istead of aftermarket ones?
As for me, I asume I may temporarily replace D&D muflers by OEM ones (or even air kits: stock with K&N/Chuckster's BAK), depending on the moods and trips.
The guy I talked to at Ivan's said the exhaust really didn't matter but air system did. I was pretty surprised by that

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Very good, Peg! Let me ask the experienced users one more question. Will your bike (having been flashed by Ivan) work the same flawless way if you decide to use your OEM mufflers for a while istead of aftermarket ones?
As for me, I asume I may temporarily replace D&D muflers by OEM ones (or even air kits: stock with K&N/Chuckster's BAK), depending on the moods and trips.
I can answer that also. My Voyager was completely stock when I had it Ivanized and it was much better after that. I received all the benefits of the reflash and ran it that way for 5,000 miles before adding Cobra Tri Flo slip ons and Chuckster's BAK.

You will be able to go from stock to full mods and back with no problems.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
I can answer that also. My Voyager was completely stock when I had it Ivanized and it was much better after that. I received all the benefits of the reflash and ran it that way for 5,000 miles before adding Cobra Tri Flo slip ons and Chuckster's BAK.

You will be able to go from stock to full mods and back with no problems.
However, Ivan might have asked your wishlist to be installed on the bike in the future so as to re-programme your ECU in advance. Nevertheless, here is the oppinion of the practicing biker showing there may be only one all-purpose Ivan's flash. Any another points of view?

Last edited by Eugene; 01-30-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #19

Quote:
However, Ivan might have asked your wishlist to be installed on the bike in the future so as to re-programme your ECU in advance. Nevertheless, here is the oppinion of the practicing biker showing there may be only one all-purpose Ivan's flash. Any another points of view?
Ivan has only 2 versions of his reflash. One for a stock setup through pipes and air cleaner mods and another for bikes with a BAK that have pinging even though they use premium fuel. I am very conservative on how I ride and don't think I will have any issues this summer but if I do Ivan will reflash for the BAK at no charge.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 01-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #20

Just sent my ecu to Ivan.... hopefully I can get that darn thing back in lol

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-31-2017, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkovach View Post
Just sent my ecu to Ivan.... hopefully I can get that darn thing back in lol

getting it back in is the easy part, follow the directions carefully.
Vance & Hines Twin Slash
Kury Iso Grips
Passenger Boards
Rotation Industries 26" Juno
BadDad 26" Wrap Fender
BVD Raked Triple Trees
Rear Loweing Kit

Old 01-31-2017, 05:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmighty View Post
getting it back in is the easy part, follow the directions carefully.
I take it that it's more than plugging the ecu back in and starting the bike?

Old 01-31-2017, 11:34 PM   #23

Zkovach, Yes, just a little more to it... Plug in, power up (You'll get an error code), switch off, disconnect battery (just the negative terminal will do) for a time, then reconnect everything = good to go. Plus a little more than that if you have an O2 sensor.

Full instructions will be sent with your ECU.

And Eugene... After all these posts you still seem nervous about it? You should just talk to Ivan... by PM. He stands behind what he does 100%, and if you have any problems after you've flashed (I've not yet heard of more than about 2 people who have, and they've both since moved on to other bikes) Ivan will put it right - for free.

My only problem was the two weeks waiting for the thing to get to the USA and back again. Then NZ Customs held everything up while they decided how much they wanted to clip the ticket. I waited much longer and paid much more than any other of the early adopters - and don't regret any of it for a minute.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 AM   #24

Peg, thanks for the patience and taking part. I will no doubt do Ivan's flash and let know here the impression.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Zkovach, Yes, just a little more to it... Plug in, power up (You'll get an error code), switch off, disconnect battery (just the negative terminal will do) for a time, then reconnect everything = good to go. Plus a little more than that if you have an O2 sensor.

And Eugene... After all these posts you still seem nervous about it? You should just talk to Ivan... by PM. He stands behind what he does 100%, and if you have any problems after you've flashed (I've not yet heard of more than about 2 people who have, and they've both since moved on to other bikes) Ivan will put it right - for free.

My only problem was the two weeks waiting for the thing to get to the USA and back again. Then NZ Customs held everything up while they decided how much they wanted to clip the ticket. I waited much longer and paid much more than any other of the early adopters - and don't regret any of it for a minute.

Cool thanks for the heads up! I also got my mustang with backrest seat in today!! Looks pretty comfy!

Old 02-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #26

My ECU arrived at Ivan's today and he has reflashed it already. He called me and he's was very nice on the phone. I'll probably have it back Saturday. New seat and reflash I'm moving south so I can ride!!!

Old 02-03-2017, 05:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkovach View Post
My ECU arrived at Ivan's today and he has reflashed it already. He called me and he's was very nice on the phone. I'll probably have it back Saturday. New seat and reflash I'm moving south so I can ride!!!
Zkovach, did Ivan ask you what kind of air filter (stock or BAK) you were going to use? For it depends on the type of program for your ECU.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Zkovach, did Ivan ask you what kind of air filter (stock or BAK) you were going to use? For it depends on the type of program for your ECU.
He did ask me I told him at the time I only had mufflers, I explained to him I did plan on adding a BAk so he sent me the ECU flashed for BAK and exhaust. He said the only difference would be that the bike will run a tad rich in higher RPM's.
Vance & Hines Twin Slash
Kury Iso Grips
Passenger Boards
Rotation Industries 26" Juno
BadDad 26" Wrap Fender
BVD Raked Triple Trees
Rear Loweing Kit

Old 02-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Yes , I'm staying with stock air cleaner and k&n filter. Should be all set

Old 02-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post

I have a 2013 vaquero 1700.... have no idea and can't find info if it has an o2 sensor in it. Anyone know what years have them?

Tags
upgrades