Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #1

Garmin Quest GPS

A friend just gave me a Garmin Quest Motorcycle Version with mounting and all. Does anyone use one of these? Do you use a headset to hear turn by turn? Any Comments?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Garmin Quest GPS

I have the quest, but I do not use the wired motorcycle mount. I just have a RAM Mount and use the battery. The battery life so far has been great. I have ridden for 8 hours and it still had about have the battery according to the meter.
Since I don't have it wired to the bike, I do not have sound. The speaker is in the cigarette lighter adapter on mine, so no sound on the bike.
I have sound only when I use it in the car.
It is a great little GPS though.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #3

Garmin Quest GPS

I made a 168 mile trip to a campground up in the foothills near Oakhurst. I programmed in the destination and one stop where I was to meet someone.
The Quest worked great. Even as I made unscheduled detours it recalculated the best way to get back on route. On the way home I just hit the "return home" button and it took me there. The turn by turn voice is a womans. Now I just need to figure out how to get a sexy Australian accented female voice on it.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #4

Garmin Quest GPS

Hey ccmjr77
Does you Quest lose satellites when in the back country? I had "Lost Satellites" for 45 minutes in wide open country and yet coming back 25 miles south I never lost it. I ordered an external antenna to see if that helps. One of the guys had a Nuvii that was cool. It was nice seeing upcoming turns on new routes and we took one detour (on Purpose) and it put us right back on track.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #5

Garmin Quest GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzinger
Hey ccmjr77
Does you Quest lose satellites when in the back country? I had "Lost Satellites" for 45 minutes in wide open country and yet coming back 25 miles south I never lost it. I ordered an external antenna to see if that helps. One of the guys had a Nuvii that was cool. It was nice seeing upcoming turns on new routes and we took one detour (on Purpose) and it put us right back on track.
If its heavy cloud, fog, snow, or treecover it can impede the performance of tracking satelites. When Im in heavy bush or bad weather, my handheld GPS loses the signal occasionally.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads