Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #46
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans06Nomad View Post
New here, just picked up an 06 w/ 63k on it. Went for my first afternoon long ride this weekend. Noticed the same rattle rolling on throttle, especially in 4th and 5th. Sounded like the rattle in a can of spray paint in front of engine under hard throttle. No mods to this bike in terms of air/exhaust/fuel processor. Sounds like what OP is talking about. Not a ping. BTW, I'm a mile high here in Denver.
Classic Ping, D Jet knows how high it is. And 4th and 5th are over drives. Now Ping is a little road gremlin with a big hammer and chisel, cutting holes in pistons and eating valves and the seats. Don't do that, either run hi test and ride easy , or do the mods. There is inaudible ping too, and these engines don't have knock sensors.

Unless with climate change and global warming, compression ratios and octane ratings changed 9:1 is not high compression, any more than a 7.62 x 39 round is a hi power round.

In other words any engine with 9:1 comp does not and shall not require Hi test fuels unless someone made a mistake or the EPA tried to defy the laws of physics. ALL 1500 and 1600 Nomads strain to just idle because they are set to run TOO LEAN.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by macmac; 03-20-2015 at 11:22 PM.