Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Love my Nomad - pipes sound sexy

I've had my 2000 Nomad for a week now and it just keeps getting better. I just need to work out my seating comfort for those longs rides and better wind protection. I rode up to Morrisville, VT and took my wife out for a ride and the Nomad really shined. I had the shocks set at "1" and with the both of us gave a pretty good ride over some rough road. Handling didn't suffer much, just low speed maneuvering as with all my other bikes. I just can't get over how smooth the engine is at highway speeds. With the right seat and fairing this will be a super crusing tourer. I'm just not ready for full-blown tourer yet. I have some bad-boy seeds to still sow. My wife said that the seat-backrest-floorboard ergonomics are perfect for her; don't change a thing. Whew, that's a relief. Was concerned that the dorky pad on the travel trunk would not be comfortable. I tried out Gadget's bicycle cup holder setup and it really works great. I spent a total of about $8 and have a nice sturdy drink holder on my handlebars. I got the cowl for the speedometer and that looks great. I also got a large windshield bag. They're not kidding about it being LARGE. It's HUGE. The catalogue should have informed me that it won't mount it you have the tachometer installed. I can still mount it though with a few simple extension brackets, but it might look dorky too set so high inside the windshield. I am very happy with my Nomad and the wife even says it is on par with the Valkyrie, but that the loud pipes of the Nomad are sexy. What more can you ask for? The bike is a chick magnet!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #2

LOL, Sounds like you got it going on racinchef!!!!!!

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #3

racinchef; is that the same Irving oil co. thats in New Brunswick and eastern Canada?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
racinchef; is that the same Irving oil co. thats in New Brunswick and eastern Canada?
Yes it is. I help make them rich and they return the favor.