Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #1

Scala Rider Bluetooth Team Head Set

My wife bought me the Garmin Zumo 550 GPS for Christmas and it definitely has some incredible bluetooth technology features for use while riding a motorcycle (such as hands free cell phone, mp3 music, and directional navigation). However, I've read and fully agree that the audio quality is only going to be as good as the supporting headset used with it.

Does anybody use or have experience with the Scala Rider Bluetooth Team Head Set? The adds boast about audio and microphone quality even at high speed operations. Other than blue tooth, I am also interested in getting your feedback about the intercom (rider/passenger) feature. The price is right around $200.00 which is not bad if it is a quality product. I added a picture below of the package below.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #2

There is a thread in the general forum called
" Intercoms,I know search"
I started it and a couple guys chimed in with their opinion on the team set. I went ahead and bought a set on ebay. New in the box for 129.99 and free shipping. Can't tell you how it works as
it is snowing here for the next 3 months :'(
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #3

Thanks Topcat. I knew I had seen something in the past about intercoms. I tried a search on the topic and I browsed the entire forum quite abit in search of it prior to starting this thread. I have since found and read it.

I broke down and ordered one through J.C. Whitney at $199.00. I found it as low as $165.00 + shipping and handling on some web sites around the internet but I was concerned about the validity of the companies. I figured that it would be best to pay a little extra (roughly $20.00) and go with J.C. Whitney because I know if I am not satisfied I can return it.

My other concern was that there are apparently a couple of generation models for the headsets with some technology improvements being made in the most recent release. I did quite abit of research before sinking a couple of hundred dollars into one and found one "owner feedback" article that warned of these headsets still being "new" on the shelf of some businesses. I will see if I can find a model number or series number for the unit identification by anyone interested that may be interested in our forum.

I live in a 99% snow free climate and our weather is supposed to get up to 65 degrees next weekend. I should receive my unit within the week and I will let you know how it works. I am mostly interested in the bluetooth capability as a single rider but my wife is more interested in the intercom feature.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Yeah dui546, let me know about that older technoligy thing, I would like to know if I got the newer modle or not. The only numbers I find on mine are. IC ID: 4668A-ER02. Thats the driver one.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #5

I searched the manufactures web site at the link below and I did not find any mention of differences. I will go back through my search/saved sites on my desk top computer and see if I can located that post again. I read a review of the headsets at web bike world and that link is also below. I think it is a great system.

http://www.cardowireless.com/index.php

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...com-review.htm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I own the cheaper version of the Scala Rider. Solo bluetooth and it's phenominal. The sound can be almost too loud if you crank it up. It really does adjust for the increase ambient noise and automatically turns up the sound at higher speeds. Two mic sponges were provided in case you run without fairing. I use the smaller of the two and it works perfectly as advertised.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #7

I wondered why I got 2 sponges for each mic. I didn't see anything in the instructions and didn't notice one being smaller than the other, thanks BD.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #8

I found a recent review of the bluetooth headsets. It is a good article if you are interested in such things. The link to bikeworld is below.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...comparison.htm