Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #1

Cobra Scalloped Tip Question

Well, I finally got my Cobra Scalloped tip slip-ons in and installed. Love the sound of them as they are. However, the decel popping on the low end
S U C K S..... I added lock washers to the head pipes and checked for leaks, found none, put new gaskets at the slip-on connections, checked tightness of the TB to the intake (gasket installed last year), and next will be to "marble". As long as I keep the RPM's up, it is great. I have yet to install the Cobra Fi2000 (3 pot model). That will be next week with the default settings of 4.5, 4.5, 0. Anyone else running these pipes with any popping issues? Any recomendations?
Thanks, Frank

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #2

OK, So after reading this thread:
http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33391
I might try going back to 87 octane and see what happens. Good reading there.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldtimer View Post
Well, I finally got my Cobra Scalloped tip slip-ons in and installed. Love the sound of them as they are. However, the decel popping on the low end
S U C K S..... I added lock washers to the head pipes and checked for leaks, found none, put new gaskets at the slip-on connections, checked tightness of the TB to the intake (gasket installed last year), and next will be to "marble". As long as I keep the RPM's up, it is great. I have yet to install the Cobra Fi2000 (3 pot model). That will be next week with the default settings of 4.5, 4.5, 0. Anyone else running these pipes with any popping issues? Any recomendations?
Thanks, Frank
I have these pipes installed on a 2012 Voyager. I also installed Chuckster's intake and the Cobra PowerPro. I don't get much popping unless I am on the throttle fairly hard around town then back off suddenly, but even then it's not too bad. I think I am running a bit rich around town but it runs a bit better out on the hwy. I take it you are running stock air so that may be your issue until you plug the air valve hose.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlars View Post
I have these pipes installed on a 2012 Voyager. I also installed Chuckster's intake and the Cobra PowerPro. I don't get much popping unless I am on the throttle fairly hard around town then back off suddenly, but even then it's not too bad. I think I am running a bit rich around town but it runs a bit better out on the hwy. I take it you are running stock air so that may be your issue until you plug the air valve hose.
Yes you need to plug the PAIR Valve Hose where it connects on the upper left side of the stock right side air box.May not get rid of it all but some of your issue.I only get the odd pop when I crank on it hard and let off quickly as said above.I found running 87 octane does help also.But you really need a fuel control of some sort to richen up "0" throttle position at mid rpms as that will reduce popping everytime you let off throttle to "0".