Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Exhaust Color Differance

Thought I would ask;
Is it normal that the right side exhaust be much darker than the left side?
I only ask because I cleaned the exhaust tips before I took a 670 mile ride down to Ga this past Tuesday and on my return home Friday, the right side was black compared to the left side being more on the brownish side. With the way the pipes are connected, I am assuming that this is normal. If not, maybe I need to pull the left baffle out and check for an obstruction..

Thanks,
Frank.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldtimer View Post
Thought I would ask;
Is it normal that the right side exhaust be much darker than the left side?
I only ask because I cleaned the exhaust tips before I took a 670 mile ride down to Ga this past Tuesday and on my return home Friday, the right side was black compared to the left side being more on the brownish side. With the way the pipes are connected, I am assuming that this is normal. If not, maybe I need to pull the left baffle out and check for an obstruction..

Thanks,
Frank.
Frank,

As you summized, it is as a result of "the way the pipes are connected". On the Nomad, Voyager and Vaquero, the right side does most of the work. The pipes are still interconnected for better exhaust scavenging, but most of the flow is out of the right side.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Hammer View Post
Frank,

As you summized, it is as a result of "the way the pipes are connected". On the Nomad, Voyager and Vaquero, the right side does most of the work. The pipes are still interconnected for better exhaust scavenging, but most of the flow is out of the right side.
Thanks Hammer. I'll try not to let it bother me anymore

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229