Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #16

I have mine to the point that it only pops in the upper gears, and even then only at zero throttle and very lightly loaded decel with rpm hardly above idle. I'm scratching my head about how to stop that, but it's so seldom I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do it!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #17

I'm going to start messing around with my own map before I put it on a dyno. I guess I feel the need to explore all options before going back to stock. I hate crap that bugs me, and this has gone way beyond :(

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
Top Contributor

2010 Voyager. Chucksters intake, Cobra Powrpro, stock mufflers. If my bike pops on decel I cant hear it.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #19

Well, I finally got it figured out. I found an exhaust leak at the rear jug. I used a soapy mix in a spray bottle and sprayed around the front exhaust port and nothing :) Shut the engine down and let it cool off and repeated the same for the rear jug. I let it cool so I could distingush the differance between boiling and bubbling. Found that there was a small but definet leak at the connection. Tighten it up and went for a ride. :):) I love my VV again. I installed the map from DynoJet for V&H slip ons and stock air filter with a few tweaks in the 0% colum on my PCV w/ign and the bike ran great. Very minor popping if I have to even mention it. I then installed Davids map and wow! I think I have a different bike. I do need to get with David though and make some minor adjustments to the fuel table. I am running a K&N replacement filter and his map is for an open filter. All in all though, I am very happy with my progress on getting this VV straighten out. Needless to say, with the mods I have made, I am fiinally where I want to be and now can enjoy RIDING.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 09-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #20

Glad you got it worked out and thanks for sharing the info.

Login or Register to Remove Ads