Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #1

Marble-ing Question

Hey Guys,
Got a small question to ask those of you that have marbled your bikes. We are suppose to marble the hose on the right side of the filter box right ? Right.
But, what is the hose on the left side? I follow it and it goes directly to the reed valve. Why are we not plugging this hose? Any insight would be very helpful in my understanding of this.
I marbled the right side and am still getting the popping, although not as much, but still there. I do have a 3 pot cobra Fi2000 that I have not installed yet because I do everything in stages. I want to make sure that each step I take is correct before I go th the next.
Thank you for any info you can give me on the left side hose.

Frank

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldtimer View Post
Hey Guys,
Got a small question to ask those of you that have marbled your bikes. We are suppose to marble the hose on the right side of the filter box right ? Right.
But, what is the hose on the left side? I follow it and it goes directly to the reed valve. Why are we not plugging this hose? Any insight would be very helpful in my understanding of this.
I marbled the right side and am still getting the popping, although not as much, but still there. I do have a 3 pot cobra Fi2000 that I have not installed yet because I do everything in stages. I want to make sure that each step I take is correct before I go th the next.
Thank you for any info you can give me on the left side hose.

Frank
Frank,

If you are talking about the hose from the left air box where the actual filter resides and which connects to a port on the back of the front cylinder - that port is NOT a REED Valve. It is for crank case ventilation. Do not plug this hose or you will risk blowing out your engine seals.

If you get a BAK, this hose is usually rerouted to the backing plate of the New Air Kit, but it is never blocked.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Hammer View Post
Frank,

If you are talking about the hose from the left air box where the actual filter resides and which connects to a port on the back of the front cylinder - that port is NOT a REED Valve. It is for crank case ventilation. Do not plug this hose or you will risk blowing out your engine seals.

If you get a BAK, this hose is usually rerouted to the backing plate of the New Air Kit, but it is never blocked.
What he said, that hose needs to have a small crank case filter installed on to prevent dirt and other nasty stuff being sucked into the engine.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Hammer View Post
Frank,

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
What he said, that hose needs to have a small crank case filter installed on to prevent dirt and other nasty stuff being sucked into the engine.
Thank you much guys. I have not blocked this hose and now that I have the scoop on what the hose is, I will definetly NOT be blocking it.
Again, Thank you,
Frank

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229