Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 04-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #16

What do you think when someone says Pennsylvania?

The only thing it has to offer me.

http://www.hersheypa.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #17

Beautiful scenery. As I rode across I-80 last summer I wondered, where are all the people? Away from Philly and Pittsburgh it is so incredible.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #18

I think of home, as it was for me when I was growing up. Then of course there are the Pittsburg Steelers and the Peguins.

Go PENS!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #19

Grandpop, Liberty Bell, the Elevated Trains. Guess that is specifically Philly. Oh yea "yous guys".

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 04-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #20

Taxes, govenor that needs replaced, Amish kids riding bikes in the middle of the road at night when you come around a corner, horse and buggies on the road as you pop up over a hill, horse sh*t to run through just after you cleaned up your ride, Amish kids riding bikes 4-5 across the road and wont move over, construction, detours, pot holes, To much farm ground we used to hunt on are now housing developments, lottery money supposabley top help senior citizens building sports stadiums, oh did a mention a govenor that needs to go. Now overall its a nice place to live yes it gets somewhat cold but really as compared to some places not bad at all. Never had storm surges to worry about, not much problem with tornadoes {although we have had a few}, mud slides, wild fires, sand storms, volcanoes. visited alot of places in this country seen alot of beautiful places although never made it to the West coast but been most everywhere else. This is one lovely country to live in and visit. However even with its faults I'll still take Pa. we have a little of all weather types here. But I do like the four seasons. Now if we could just get rid of the darn horse and buggies and kids on bikes, that think they own the road that they pay no taxes toward. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #21

PA Turnpike (yuck), sister in New Castle, daughter in Pittsburg, Philly cheese steak (yum), Amish country, Hurshey(yum,yum), Gettysburg, old Philidelphia, the Poconos, and all our KawaNowers from the Keystone State!!

Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye
PA Turnpike (yuck), sister in New Castle, daughter in Pittsburg, Philly cheese steak (yum), Amish country, Hurshey(yum,yum), Gettysburg, old Philidelphia, the Poconos, and all our KawaNowers from the Keystone State!!
Why! thank you I fell like a tourest when I go to the Pocono cause most of the cars are from out of state
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #23

columbia x-roads and troy...(spent my iddy biddy childhood there!) moved when I was 4-5! vaguely remember going out to pet the bull...my parents ran out to find me by him!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye
Why! thank you I fell like a tourest when I go to the Pocono cause most of the cars are from out of state

Ohh, don't get me started. I'm beginning to hate spring due to all the out of state tourists and campers that come up here and seem to think they are somehow "owed" something.

On Friday and Saturday nights, I cannot take my truck out of it's parking space, outside my apartment because some fool will think it's public parking for the restaurant across the street. I don't know how they can assume that since it is clearly not a public space.

Traffic can be pure hell at times. You can't do your grocery shopping from Friday through Monday. Rude people abound.

There is an upside....It gives me an excuse (not that one is needed) to get out of town and ride. I just hope no one is parked in front of my garage when I come back.

Russ

Fraternal Order of Police, NY Lodge 50
American Legion, NY Post 616
Legion Riders, NY Post 259
Patriot Guard Riders

"A democracy is two wolves deciding on lunch, freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of that decision." - Ben Franklin

Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #25

INTERCOURSE??

Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #26

Dont forget Blue Ball, and bird in hand.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnomad
Taxes, govenor that needs replaced, Amish kids riding bikes in the middle of the road at night when you come around a corner, horse and buggies on the road as you pop up over a hill, horse sh*t to run through just after you cleaned up your ride, Amish kids riding bikes 4-5 across the road and wont move over, construction, detours, pot holes, To much farm ground we used to hunt on are now housing developments, lottery money supposabley top help senior citizens building sports stadiums, oh did a mention a govenor that needs to go. Now overall its a nice place to live yes it gets somewhat cold but really as compared to some places not bad at all. Never had storm surges to worry about, not much problem with tornadoes {although we have had a few}, mud slides, wild fires, sand storms, volcanoes. visited alot of places in this country seen alot of beautiful places although never made it to the West coast but been most everywhere else. This is one lovely country to live in and visit. However even with its faults I'll still take Pa. we have a little of all weather types here. But I do like the four seasons. Now if we could just get rid of the darn horse and buggies and kids on bikes, that think they own the road that they pay no taxes toward. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.
...it's a good thing you aren't bitter.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
Advanced Member

Steelers. Steel curtain. Mean Joe Green. Jack Lambert. Bradshaw. Swan's TD catch. The Immaculate Reception. Franco's Army. Super Bowls (plural).

Pirates. Willie Stargell ("chicken on the hill, Willie"), Roberto Clemente. Being at one of the two games at Dodger Stadium when Willie hit it COMPLETELY out of the park (he did it twice, actually; only man to do it). Manny Sanguillen swinging at every and ANY pitch! And "We Are Family" team theme song for the World Series victory.

Yeaaaaah....

Old 05-10-2008, 03:03 AM   #29
Top Contributor

THE PENSY POSSE on nomads
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #30

::) Tony Lukes Roast Pork sandwich w/roast peppers & sharp provolone! ::) Oh Yea
::) 1 lb.Black Angus Burger's
::) Farm Fresh Dairy stores on back country roads. ::)
Clean fresh Mountain Streams for that early morning wake up splash that we all look forward to.

AND "The Pensy Posse"