Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #1

Another new member

I just want to say to hi to all you fellow Nomaders. My name is Joe I'm from a small town in south central Pa. I bought mine in 06, its Green/Silver. Did alot of research looked at all brands read all kinds of reports and tests, all most bought a 06 RK, but decided on the Nomad. Actually the Harley dealer made my decision for me I asked about common complaints that a lot of owners were having and asked if he could fix them he said probably I said for $22k out the door probably wont cut it.He said well if you put on new pipes new air box and a power commander for about $1,100 it will fix those problems you described. I said its your bike, complaints are well documented and you tell me that in order to fix them I need to spend another $ 1,100. just to make your bike run right his answer was Yep. Told him what I thought and never looked back. Well I feel that I made the best choice I love the bike,someday I'll have to put a power commander of some sort on it for the pinging, could get a little better mileage and ping a little less but other than that I cant ask for more its everything I read about and more. With the money I saved I built a garage to keep the bike in. I changed out the seat in the 1st 500 miles. went with a Corbin, much better than stock. I added my share of bling but have kept the engine and exhaust stock. I like to quite sound my buddies all have pipes that make enough noise for mine also so I don't need it. My back is trashed so I really don't get to ride as much as I would like to, but I ride when I feel up to it. I thought about by a drivers back rest for the seat but Corbin's prices have gone nuts $250. If I could try it see if I liked it thats one thing. Noway I'm dropping that much with out a return policy. I will probably get one of those combo back rest storage things,never can have to much storage. Happy riding maybe I'll see you on the road sometime.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #2

Another new member

Welcome Joe

Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #3

Another new member

Welcome Joe. Join us at the Eastern Region Rally if your back allows you to do so sometime in June. Stay tuned for more details.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to scion0
Another new member

Welcome Joe. Got any pics of your bike?

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #5

Another new member

Welcome Joe. I just spent the month of July and part of August at Ft. Indiantown Gap near Hershey. Beautiful country out there.
You mentioned pinging with your new bike. The only time I've ever had that happen is when I ran a lower octane gas. I run 91 minimum and have never had a problem since.
What are the issues with the RK you were so concerned about?? Just curious. I havea friend who owns one.

thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
Top Contributor

Another new member

Welcome Joe, my bro owns the same bike you own and color, great bike.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
Top Contributor

Another new member

Welcome Joe. Sorry to hear about your back. I know it makes it rough to ride. Look around, post freely and have fun!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #8

Another new member

Welcome Joe....

I have been riding a 2005 Nomad for a few months now since acquiring it. I also run 92 ocatane fuel and have no problems what so ever with pinging. I am running vance & hinds dual bagger exhaust with stock air cleaners and no other changes. Love the bike and know you will enjoy the forum. Welcome aboard. Doug

Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Another new member

Welcome Joe. Take care of that back so you can ride my brother. Great color on the nomad too!! Your obviously a man with good taste!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #10

Another new member

Hey Joe, Welcome to the board. I have an '05, run 91 or higher and have the pinging with hard acceleration.....don't bother me. Also have the famous whistling gas cap that bothers some...I just take as the bike talking to me. LOL

Like Kawgirl said....keep an eye on the Eastern KawaNow rally next year in June.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Another new member

I like your views unwind on the ping and whistle. I run 93 in TX and still get a ping under hard throtle and I do get whistle on the gas cap when full/hot, its my little musicbox. Ride easy

Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #12

Another new member

Like I posted somewhere else on here, I call the whistling from the gas cap my teapot. No big deal to me now that I know what it is.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #13

Another new member

Welcome Joe. Another Pennsylvania Nomad rider!! A buddy of mine has the same color as yours. That was the first Nomad I got to try and ended up buying my own.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
Advanced Member

Another new member

Welcome Joe,

Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #15
Advanced Member

Another new member

OK who drank the last beer? Must be the new guy.LOL
Would someone please go on a beer run because I am thirsty.

Oh ya Welcome to the forum.