Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #10

BonVoyager’s 2012 Voyager

Alright, I got my connectors in the mail today from Cycleterminal.com! Joe is super nice and very helpful, he is highly recommended!

I don’t like to cut into harnesses unless absolutely necessary, so if I can find connectors to make a short harness to allow anything I need to power plug and play, I will.

So, with that said, I ordered these connectors to allow me to do a few things.

•The connectors for the main tail light harness I got to have on hand, I’ve been back and forth on using those in the future, still not sure. If you are installing a trailer harness and are using a harness that doesn’t already come with these connectors on it to allow it to plug and play, order this connector so you don’t have to tap into your harness. My trailer harness already came with these connectors on it. This connection is under the seat and attaches to the battery cover on the right side.

•The connectors for the license plate light harness are so I can connect my Vololights plate frame to power using the power and ground to the license plate light. There are two sets of connectors in the pic, one is extra to have on hand, it’s a pretty common connector that I have used in the past. This connector is located behind the fender.

•The connectors for the secondary brake light harness are for the Kuryakyn light under the license plate light that I installed. This will give it power and ground for both the running light and the brake light functions that it has. There is an identical connector under the seat on the left side, this connector powers the lights on the trunk only and pigtails off the main brake light harness. I ordered another as a spare to have on hand, it’s actually the same as a 3 wire oxygen sensor connector. I only had this hooked up temporarily as a running light to the license plate light harness with a connector I had until the proper connector arrived. This connector is located behind the fender and powers the brake light on the fender.

•The connectors for the turn signal harnesses are for a project I am gathering parts for to begin working on. These connectors are behind the headlight.

Now, let me explain what that project is that I am gathering parts for:

Because the turn signals are directly under the fog/driving lights, I don’t want the turn signal being washed out by that light and making it difficult for other drivers to see. So, what I plan on doing is making a circuit that allows the driving light to turn off on the side that the turn signal is on.

For example, if my right side turn signal is on, the right side driving light will turn off and when the turn signal is turned off, the driving light will turn back on. The other side stays lit the entire
time. This is just like what you are now seeing on modern cars like Jeeps, Audi, etc.

I’m still waiting for my short harnesses I ordered on eBay for the H11 bulbs that the driving lights use, Joe didn’t have those connectors.

Last edited by BonVoyager; 02-07-2018 at 12:13 PM.