Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
I want to share the results i achieved with the mods on my V. The 2 runs shown were performed over a time frame spread of 3 1/2 months of foolin around with this skoot and many stages of modifications. The baseline runs were performed at 1476 miles in May, and the last run (#146) was performed in September with 7736 miles on the skoot. I learned much and had ALOT of fun!!

HERE IS THE H.P. GRAPH...I gained 19.5 H.P. at the peak, with a gain of 16.93 H.P. at 4000
rpm.

HERE IS THE TORQUE GRAPH...i gained 22.32 pnds of torque at the peak, with a gain of 20.04 pnds at 3000 rpm.

In the near future i'll have the skoot back up on the dyno to document any changes in power and monitor the a/f ratio. Back in December we fixed some pretty bad vacuum leaks on this skoot and as a result i had to do some "seat of the pants" remapping as the engine ended up running rich after the vacuum leaks were resolved. Obviously the last mapping session was performed with some percentage of vacuum leaks so an evaluation of the current a/f ratio is called for, The skoot now has over 17,300 miles on it so i'm curious where this skoot is now.

My next mod is to work with a reverse cone at the end of the exhaust. I have to set time aside in my schedule to do some measuring and then machine the cone. I'll have that made before the next dyno session so i can incorporate that into that session.

RACNRAY
Ray... I know you said the cobra pipes were restrictive... But the addition of the v&h slash cut slip ons has killed my acceleration and some torque.... You think they are flowing too much and the engine just needs more air and fuel?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #62

What did yall pay for the pcv? I ordered mine from Indy super bikes for 279.95 free shipping... Waiting for it is killing me...

Travis at thunder is going to machine my custom round air kit next week... Can't wait for that either

One of my Compound brothers is a paint and body guy... I'm going to have him do some black vinyl striping similar to some road glides I've seen

One of the rubber nut things the windshield screws into fell out tonight while I was attempting to reinstall the windshield... I took the right hand glove box out and recovered the nut... But I'm going to have to remove the lower and outer fairings to put it back in

While I have the fairing off I'm going to cover the inside with a Dynomat product to cut down on the rattles

Its raining tonight and Saturday.. I work Saturday and have my daughter this weekend but have a unboxing video to publish of my grasshopper back rest... It's definitely to far forward and a little weak... But I sould be able to modify it enough to get it to work... It was the right price and I was surprised at the quality and finish.... As much as the weakness of the post... The vinyl matches the seat better than the kawi sissy bar pad (is the kawi pad covered in leather?)

Spent some time in hospice with my brother Robert... It is sad to see such a great guy end up brain dead and dying... I've been wearing my helmet

That's all the updates for now

Old 02-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #63
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by element80 View Post
One of the rubber nut things the windshield screws into fell out tonight while I was attempting to reinstall the windshield... I took the right hand glove box out and recovered the nut... But I'm going to have to remove the lower and outer fairings to put it back in
Does the VV use well nuts? If so, you can get them cheap at some industrial parts houses and some auto parts stores.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Does the VV use well nuts? If so, you can get them cheap at some industrial parts houses and some auto parts stores.
Yes... It actually had well nut printed on it

Much better than Honda

Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #65
Top Contributor

I bought a couple boxes of well nuts for my Tour Glide fairing from some industrial supply house. I think I paid about $12 for both boxes (20 total).
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #66

Grasshopper backrest unboxing

Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by element80 View Post
Ray... I know you said the cobra pipes were restrictive... But the addition of the v&h slash cut slip ons has killed my acceleration and some torque.... You think they are flowing too much and the engine just needs more air and fuel?
I have a set of V&H s/o's sitting in the box waiting for Chris to finish his break-in so we can perform the baseline runs, install the s/ons and compare the difference. The V&H s/ons have a fairly straight thru baffle and will reduce back pressure quite a bit, though not quite as much as when i modified my Cobra's with 2" straight cores. I had no loss of torque with them as i also mapped my bike on my dyno for that combination.

The loss in power is due to the affect the exhaust has on the engine and it's new fuel
requirements to match the less restrictive exhaust. The engine is now a more efficient "air
pump" with an increase in total airflow. It needs the air/fuel ratio tuned to match that air flow increase to achieve not only parity with the power you had with the stock exhaust, but to achieve the full improvements that can be obtained with the s/ons. These engines and ECU's are mass produced and power/torque levels are not consistant. Every engine is different and yours isn't quite as happy with the s/ons as others have been. Not to worry as with proper tuning yours may in fact be an exceptionally good running skoot.

Adding a free flowing intake, again with proper tuning will increase the breathing capacity of the engine, resulting in more power.

RACNRAY

Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #68

Someone help me out with this PCV issue

I ordered my PCV from a website that listed the Vaquero, but didn't list the SKU #. I just looked at my order confirmation email, and it reads; Products ordered:
-----------------

Fits years: 2011
SKU: 17-029
Product: Dynojet Power Commander V Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
Quantity: 1
Selected options:
Add The Autotune: No Thanks
Item price: $ 279.95

looks like it will do air/fuel and timing...

But according to other sites, including Power Commander = that SKU is for a KX250F Maybe Ray will chime in (hopefully).

if they send me the wrong part I am going to be pissed!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #69

new risers out for the vvo.

http://www.shopscootworks.com/ScootW...oducts=Vaquero
VBA #01967
PCV
Black Thunder Tornado Air Kit
V&H Slip-ons
Racin Ray Throttle mod
Black Kuryakyn Mirrors
Black Kuryakyn Grips
Black Powder Coated Crash Bars, Highway Pegs, and Saddle Bag Handles
KQR Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
Red Lenses and LED's on the rear with
Run,Brake,Turn Signal Control w/flash equalizer

Old 02-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I bought a couple boxes of well nuts for my Tour Glide fairing from some industrial supply house. I think I paid about $12 for both boxes (20 total).
I was in Lowes the other day and seen that they sell them there as well, about a $1.25 each.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 02-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
(#146)

HERE IS THE H.P. GRAPH...I gained 19.5 H.P. at the peak, with a gain of 16.93 H.P. at 4000
rpm.

RACNRAY
Maybe I am reading the results wrong, but it looks like your peak is over 80HP, but at the top end of the revs...can you explain why you are measuring peak somewhere in the middle of revs?

Last edited by element80; 02-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #72

Check out this vaquero

What do yall think?

Wicked looking stock intake

Old 02-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #73

Plan on striping my bike in this style

Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #74
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I was in Lowes the other day and seen that they sell them there as well, about a $1.25 each.
That's why I looked around for a cheaper price. The TG fairing takes 7 of them. Why pay $10 when I can spend 1/3 of that.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #75

Give us a call on Monday we have the part number as 17-029 Sales sales@indysuperbike.com www.indysuperbike.com phone 866-INDYSB-0 phone 866-463-9720 fax 317-577-1733

> > You have received this notification from Indysuperbikes because you are a > registered user or you or some other registered user requested some > information for you from our store. > -------------------------------------------------------------------> > Customers need help! > > Customer info: > ---------------------> First Name: Alex > Last Name: Thedford > > Address: > ----------------> Address: 2007 S Wiley Ave > City: TYLER > State / Province: Texas > Country: United States > Zip code: 75701 > > Phone: 9032624000 > Fax: > E-Mail: treyt85@gmail.com > Web site: http://> > Department: Sales > Subject: Did I order the right part? > Message: > I ordered a PCV from your site and in my confirmation email it reads: > Fits years: 2011 > SKU: 17-029 > Product: Dynojet Power Commander V Kawasaki Vaquero 1700 > > But after looking up that SKU on the Power Commander web site it looks > like I should have been shipped SKU: 17-006 or SKU: 17-033. > > Can you verify for me that I received the correct information in my order > confirmation email? > > Looks like 17-029 is for a KX250F... > > --> > Indysuperbikes > Phone: 1-866-463-9720 (1-866-INDYSB-0) > Fax: 317-577-1733 > URL: http://www.indysuperbike.com