Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 10-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #1

Jax to CresentCity Nov 7, meetup on way?

Hello, My name is Ross, I live on SE side of Jacksonville by the intersection of Hwy202 and 9A. It's where the the Town Center Mall and North FL Univ are. My cell phone is 252-315-4286 and my home ph is 904-642-0533 if anyone wants to call me about this.

I am going to the Meetup on Nov 7 at 12 noon in Cresent City, location Banana's. (Boy I hope I have that all right!). So far from this area or along the way: George #00853, tazfl, gramps1, eggman and Reaper have expressed some interest in going and meeting along the way.
BUT ANYONE WHO WANTS CAN JOIN IN!!!!
George, Taz and I are from the Jax area and gramps, eggman and Reaper are from the St. Augustine area. So if most all of you do come we will need a meeting point some where near 9A and I-95 on the South side of Jax to start from and a meeting point somewhere near St Augustine to pick up those folks along the way.
It's about 2 1/2 hours drive time from Jax to Cresent City depending on route. Add in 1/2 hour stop time around St Aug and we have a 3 hour trip. I plan to be at the starting point at 8 AM and leave by 8:30 AM and once we pic the meetup point around St Aug we can know that arrival and departure time with the goal being that we hit Cresent City and bananas between 11:30 and 12:00 noon.
Now I am going to PM the folks listed and see really responds and then firm up the plan. Respond here if you are interested or can't go, pm me if your are interested or can't go, or call me?
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #2

with this kind of organizational skill, I see another SouthEast Assistant...

Mike, better step up.

Jim

Old 10-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #3

Trosco, if you go the the 3 Bananas web site you can get a map for a scenic drive.
http://www.3bananas.com/

Anyone coming North from Daytona and not taking 17 can ride along as well and it isn't really out of your way.

How about my brownie points...lol

Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #4

I posted this in the main meetup thread but though I would put it here also.
Ok here's what I sort of know so far as far as who from the NE corner might do what.
From the Jax area: I am coming. George and his wife are coming. (George, thanks for note with phone #, I will call you about Tuesday and set up where we meet in the Jax area which I will also post. Taz is the other person from Jax and he's a maybe but thinks there's a issue that will keep him home but he'll let us know the middle of weeK.
George and I can discuss but I was sort of thinking we might ride down A1A as far as Eggman's cafe and make that the second meetup point? I don't know how that would work but it's something we can consider? Other wise I think the meetup point needs to be on the south side of St. Aug maybe at Hwy 206 and US 1 interesection at the Kangaroo station?
From St Aug and points south: Eggman says he's pretty sure he can come but wife Hope has to work. Mike Rubin from PalmCoast says maybe. And Gramps says he's comming but he sent me a note saying he was just going to ride straight over to Cresent City from where he lived so I thought he was not comming up to St Aug, but in main thread he's suggesting to George he'd meetup up with us in St Aug. Don't know if I miss understand first note, or it's just a change in plans?
Anyway, I still think we have a couple of us coming from Jax and we hope to meet 1-3 more folks either in St Aug or just a bit south of St Aug. I've not heard from Doug Grimm (Reaper) so if anyones talking to him can you make sure he knows our plans?
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #5

So sorry to have confused the the plans. Meeting at the Sea Oats or 206 and 1 will work fine. My intent of going straight over from here was if anyone from South of PC wanted to meet up.

So just to be clear, let me know when and what location. and it will be fine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #6

Ok gramps, like I said, I am easily confused!
So my tentative plan is this:
Jax rendezvous point is Kangaroo Station at 158 A1A N. in PonteVedra. I'll get there around 8 and KSU t 8:30 AM.
We'll ride A1A 35 miles to the Sea Oats Caffee in St Augustine on A1A/Beach Blvd expecting to arrive around 9:30 AM and leave around 10AM.
Then it is about 55 miles to 3 bananas in Crescent City. That route will be A1A to 206 to 17 all traveling south. Should take 1 1/2 hours and put us at 3 Bananas around 11:30 AM.
How's that sound to those interested?
George, I will still call you cause we've not meet and make sure we are all set on how to find each other.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 11-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #7

Ross,
You made it too easy for me and Hope so were in! If the restaurant can't do without us we'll close it.
If you have time you can come in an have coffee on us.
Let us know if plans change.
We look forward to a fun ride in what should be great weather.
Thanks,
Eggman (Scott)

Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #8

That's great Scott! I am planning on that coffee! Actually the wife and I were in the process of popping the top on the Vette and heading down your way for some Sunday brunch yesterday. But as usual Jaci was slow to get going and it was noon by the time she was ready to leave and we would have gotten there in about the right time to watch you close. SO that mission was aborted! But we'll get down there one of these days!
This will let me scout your place, parking, access, size and such for the Southern Cruisers to see if we can make it a destination for one of the club rides (Sat or Sun with 20-30 bikes) or one of Geezer rides (Wens with 10-15 bikes). Looking forward to seeing both of you!
Ross
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #9

Sure Scott and Hope get all the credit. Just because he will have an attractive woman on his bike.

I'll see everyone at the Sea Oats.