Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

Question Factory exhaust

Id like to get a little sound from my nomads factory pipes. Are there any suggestion on how to go about it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2018, 12:35 PM   #2

You can get slip ons from either Vance and Hines or Cobra. Gutting the stock pipes almost NEVER satisfies. I have Cobra slip ons with Chuckster's Ultimate Baffles, I like a little rumble!
Ivan's flash and lots of other stuff

"God is good even when we aren't!!"

Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Are the mufflers on your bike slash cut ? On the earlier 1700's the mufflers were louder than later model years. That was the case on the Voyager, not sure about the Nomad.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #4

On my voyagers stock mufflers I was able to drill a few small holes in the back plate and then with a (sharpened) to a point steel rod I hammered through the back plate. Then I did the same thing with the front plate but had to use a drillbit extension to drill the few holes! The steel rod I used was actually a pin from our horse shoe pit, all this does is opens the exhaust up so it breaths better and a much deeper tone��

Old 03-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #5

Its 2010 model, with i guess "slash" cut pipes. They are made longer at the top and open underneath. I assume that the after market pipes just bolt on basically the same way as the factory exhaust? I have heard of "knocking out" the baffles on bikes, just wasnt sure of the process or what the consequences were. Thanks for the feed back.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
Top Contributor

"I assume that the after market pipes just bolt on basically the same way as the factory exhaust?

Aftermarket mufflers, not pipes. The header pipes remain stock.

Here is a comparison between stock and aftermarket on the 1700. Lots of 1700 muffler videos on YouTube.