Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 01-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #1

2014 winter vacation

I close my shop this time of the year and went up to north Fla to surprise my childhood buddy for New Years. He is in really bad health and I wanted to be there for a few days. He did not know I was comin and was really surprised, I had to putt putt onto his property so he would not here me comin in.

Here's some pics from on the way up...

On the first day of my vacation I knew I was on the right road and the right path...

And another mileage milestone...

And after getting back home I am only 56 mls away from 71,000 mls!!!

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #2

That's awesome .. I plan on pulling a visit on my old buddy. Don't think I'll take my bike though, he's moved to Texas. I'd love to here more of your reunion story.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #3

I was up there last Christmas and as this past year transpired I had a feeling he was not in good spirits, we talk just about every day. My heart told me to surprise him. About 20 miles from his house I called him and we talked, I spoke as if I was down in my area (Hallandale Beach) and told him I was thinkin bout heading down into Key Largo for lunch, then I showed up at his house shortly after that. The look on his face was utter surprise, and confusion!!!

He lives with his 33 y/o autistic son who is a hoot with his sense of humor. They both live with Billy's mom, who was like a second mom to me when I was growin up.

I am glad I went as it was a shock to see how his health had deteriorated over the past year and me being there brought his and his son's spirits up. I took them to the movies NYD as they have not been to the movies in years.

Best part is how I sneaked up there to surprise him, i'll never forget the look on his face1

RACNRAY

Old 01-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Memories Ray. That's all we take with us.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 01-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #5

There is nothing quite like seeing old friends!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #6

mr ray i just joined the forum. i had been reading about your throttle mod and would like info about it. i would like a pm , whatever that is. i have a new 2014 vaquero. rbtbond
@live.com. yhanks, robert

Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 AM   #7
Top Contributor

A PM is a private message. If you click on the name of the person you want to send a PM to a dialogue box will open for you to type in the message.

Find one of your posts, click on your name (strpipe) and you will see what I mean.

Find a post by Racnray and click on his name to open the Private Message dialogue box.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #8

That's awesome Ray. There is nothing like a good surprise - Lord knows we all get enough bad ones. Must have been really hard to coast into his place and not be heard. Good job

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Old 01-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #9

Great read and good on you for going. I lost contact with my best childhood friend (and best man) and finally located him 8 months ago. Called and we planned a reunion but unfortunately 2 months later he went to the ER with stomach pain and died of cancer a week or so later.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjob View Post
That's awesome Ray. There is nothing like a good surprise - Lord knows we all get enough bad ones. Must have been really hard to coast into his place and not be heard. Good job
I really had to putt putt in, it helped that he did not expect me as I was headin down to Key Largo!!!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Great read and good on you for going. I lost contact with my best childhood friend (and best man) and finally located him 8 months ago. Called and we planned a reunion but unfortunately 2 months later he went to the ER with stomach pain and died of cancer a week or so later.
WOW...so sorry to hear. The two of you are blessed in that you did have that last contact b4 he passed.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by strpipe View Post
mr ray i just joined the forum. i had been reading about your throttle mod and would like info about it. i would like a pm , whatever that is. i have a new 2014 vaquero. rbtbond
@live.com. yhanks, robert
pm has been sent.

THANX

RACNRAY