Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > 2016 CanadaEast/NorthEast US Rally

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #1

On The Way Home

As I pulled out onto the 117 from the Motel,an SUV hits the breaks and pulls a U-turn right in front of me. Up the road a ways,a white VW pulled in off the exit ramp right in front of me. No indicator, just swerve back onto the highway. Other than that the ride was uneventful.
My front tire has started to scallop. The same happened with the last front when it was due for a change. I've phoned ahead to Moncton, they have a front and rear tire waiting there for me. They can install them 0800h Monday morning. Plan to hit the road at 0600h tomorrow, nurse this bike to Moncton. Will be staying in Moncton with family until Tuesday at the latest.
It was almost like saying goodbye to family at breakfast. I'm not good saying goodbye to friends. Norn,Al, you both did a bang up job. Tom,Tim, thanks for the pointers, will put them to good use. To those who attended, "A BIG THANK YOU, you make the long ride there and back worth all the "ACHY BREAKY BUT CHEEKS".

"RIDE SAFE ONE AND ALL"

Login or Register to Remove Ads