Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #1

Hey Skeet!

What are you going to do to keep the peace with all those people protesting the Israeli/Palestinian conflict out here in Nashville?????

I'm pretty sure you were out there on James Robertson keeping the peace today. I walked right past you. :-*

Actually, you ran from me, you got in your car and high tailed it out of there. :'(

Was it you???

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #2

Hey Skeet!

Hey Mikey, that was me. Running away.... it was frigging cold out there, my nice clean Impala was so much warmer. Besides all those big men had it under control. I was the boss, no need for me to stand out there telling stories and many lies..... When I retire, I'll give you my opinion on people demonstrating on our counrty's soil. Good thing, they had a handler to keep them all on the sidewalk. I was afraid someone would get shoved out into the traffic. Oh, we had a Jewish group up at the capital with an anti-protest to the Muslins protest. All in all the best part of the day was "VANDERBILT BEAT BOSTON COLLEGE"

Haven't see you riding too lately....too cold!!

Oh, I passed about 40 HD's riding on OHB in Hermitage after dark on New Years Eve.. Those guys were nuts to be out riding and it way below freezing....

Skeet

Old 01-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #3

Hey Skeet!

Yep, you and I would agree. A co-worker wanted me to go tell them what I thought about it, but my employer wouldn't have liked it any more than yours would. lol

My problem with it, as I stated to the co-worker that was with me, was that if you are in this country, you should be American, proud to be American, and no longer Palestinian, Israeli, or even P-American, I-American, or Whatever-American.

Immigrants (illegal or legal) used to be proud to come to America, and truly wanted to be American.

Now, it seems, they just want access to the financial aspects of America, but want to still be considered from their born country. That's our governments fault, on all levels, for giving handouts to those that aren't truly American or came here because they wanted to be American.

Anyway, you just missed meeting me, I was walking up. But, you sure must have been cold because you jumped in and hit the gas pretty darn quick. ;)

I rode to work Monday and Tuesday. If it gets close to 50 for the high, I'll usually get on her. It's just that even though it might make it to 50 it is starting out at 20-30. My commute is early morning and late evening, so I never get to enjoy the 50...only the lower end. On Tuesday, from the time I left, to the time I got home, the temp had dropped 4 degrees after dark!

Those Harley guys were crazy, not only for being out in the cold, but for being out on NYE. I avoid the roads on NYE, I prefer to not be a statistic of someone's DUI.

I'm sure we'll meet in person one day. Have a happy new year!

Mike