Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Forum Support & Feedback

Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #46

If the region leader board shows up in the new topics then why have a board where only region leaders & staff can go? We might just as well do away with it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #47

I agree with you Jim. Also, if you click on the premium member threads, you can get in without being a premium member.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 11-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #48

Can you get into the Premium section because you are Region Leaders???????

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Last edited by glwilson; 11-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #49

Hmmm...good question Greg.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers View Post
If the region leader board shows up in the new topics then why have a board where only region leaders & staff can go? We might just as well do away with it.
Whoa...I'll try to clarify..

If you're a Region Leader, of course any new posts made in that forum will show up in the "New Posts" link. If you're not a Region Leader, you won't see them in there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Whoa...I'll try to clarify..

If you're a Region Leader, of course any new posts made in that forum will show up in the "New Posts" link. If you're not a Region Leader, you won't see them in there.
That splains it. Thanks Admin dude.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320

Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #52

ADMIN = Mike. He just don't dress up his Sig.

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 11-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #53

But if you can separate that board from the general forum then why can't you separate a region board from the general forum?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #54
Top Contributor

Maybe I'm confused, but are you wanting the Regional Boards to be completely separate from the forums? Or you want Regional Leaders to be the only ones with access? Seems like either of those would keep out people like me who aren't Leaders and might ride with different groups. Or am I confused?
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #55

Razz Moving On

Alright...I'm over it! We have a new format. The Admin Guru is working his keyboard to the bone. The people and the info are still the same so let's get on with the business at hand. Mods and riding!!

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers View Post
But if you can separate that board from the general forum then why can't you separate a region board from the general forum?
Not sure I understand what youre trying to say...

Old 11-21-2011, 06:34 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
Mike,
I PM'ed you this regarding our Regional boards, but will share the thoughts here with the group as well.....

(What seems like) long ago on the old KawaNOW forum, the Regional boards played a much larger part in the overall forum...and were essential to the Regions themselves as a way to communicate with riders within your Regional states.

Then fairly recently (a year or so ago), along came this "New Topic" link. Every post...no matter what board on the forum it was posted, went right to the top of the list. It was similar to how this board works....click on "today's posts" and voila....every post made today is listed....regardless of the board they were posted on. Posts intended for Regional members are commented on by members of every other region. That never happened before....as you had to actually go into another regions board in order to comment on their threads.

When that "New Topic" link was formed, an unforseen casualty was that it resulted in the quick demise of our Regional boards. We still have them, but they have completely lost their relevance in terms of how they were intended. Posts made in Regional boards today are less than 10% of what they were, and since we are a National organization with Regional affiliations....I think it is paramount that we find a way to make our Regional boards relevant again.

One way might be to keep any post made on a Regional board from showing up on the main board, period. Posts made in a Regional board should stay there...as it used to be. This will force members to actually go to their regional boards in order to keep up with whats going on there. This in turn will bring some unity back to the individual regions....something many of our members sorely miss...me included.

This will become even more important as the VBA grows and continues to add members. It is hard to keep track of the hundreds of members who post on the main board...much easier to relate and get to know those on your Regional board. There will always be a need for the main forum board, but if the Regional boards are going to remain irrelevant, then we should consider doing away with them...JMHO. Many of us here would love to see them once again become the great unifying place they once were.
Thanks to Kris, that is what I am trying to say.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #58
Top Contributor

Quote:
Posts intended for Regional members are commented on by members of every other region.
Quote:
This in turn will bring some unity back to the individual regions...
Maybe I'm reading this completely wrong or out of text but why would anyone want to keep anyone else out of the regional stuff? I mentioned just this concern in another thread. I would hope I would be just as welcome in the Western Canada region as I would in the North East region (or South West or Australia). How do you know I don't have some good insight about Mississippi? Maybe I've ridden down there before and know a great run. Just because I'm not officially part of a particular region doesn't mean I'm not a VBA member, don't ride on 2 wheels or ride a Vulcan.

Please, tell me how I've misinterpreted this.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #59

Chris you and everyone else in the VBA are more than welcome to come to any function that we have and also go to the South Central region board and read and comment on anything there but after the new topics was created the region boards have less than half of the people coming to them, I know in our area there is only a handful of people that post there. The South Central Region welcomes everyone and always have so if I have offended you in any way I am sorry I did not intend to and this will be the last time I post on this thread.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #60
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Maybe I'm reading this completely wrong or out of text but why would anyone want to keep anyone else out of the regional stuff? I mentioned just this concern in another thread. I would hope I would be just as welcome in the Western Canada region as I would in the North East region (or South West or Australia). How do you know I don't have some good insight about Mississippi? Maybe I've ridden down there before and know a great run. Just because I'm not officially part of a particular region doesn't mean I'm not a VBA member, don't ride on 2 wheels or ride a Vulcan.

Please, tell me how I've misinterpreted this.
Sometimes! the info or post concerns that regions members only.
For example,....I recently posted in an area of the forum that I thought a lot of the Western Canada members go to.
{ http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13 }
This was to direct Western Canada regional members only, to their regional board in order to be informed of an upcoming name change to the region. For their suggestions and comments if you will. I, as a regional leader don't think you have a place possibly making suggestions on something that {put bluntly} is none of your concern or any of your business. I want Western Canada members to contribute. Not someone from the Northwest grp. or Central region or even the Eastern Canada region for that matter. I don't mean to offend you or anyone else outside of the region and would always welcome you at a regional rally etc.. But some things are for that regions members only. When we did our name poll that led us to become "Western Canada Nomad Riders", we had suggestions from all over our "KawaNOW map. That isn't who should come up with the name in my opinion. It should be the members of that region. Please don't be offended by this. Some things don't always concern us and we need to keep our noses out of other peoples business. This might open up another can of worms but I'm going to say it anyway,......this is, I.M.O., why the world has a lot of it's troubles today.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png