Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 AM   #1

Shifting problem

I have searched but could not find much to guide me so I hope someone can help.

The other day I was riding and came upon an accident and stopped traffic. I was in 4th gear and had to stop so quickly I didn't have the opportunity to downshift. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but this time I couldn't get the bike to change gears while stopped. I tried up shifting, down shifting, I used both the heal and toe shifters. It took what seemed like a minute or so of rocking the bike on uneven ground to get it out of 4th. By this time traffic was moving around the crash and I was holding up traffic.
While messing with it and making up new words to express my frustration I noticed as I would tap the shifter it would show 4th then nothing showing at all as if it had no gear indicator at all. the shifter felt solid and no click so it wasn't changing gears and just not indicating.
I have had this problem in my garage going from 1st to neutral but rolling it a few inches helps. This is the first time on the road and it concerns me because unlike my level garage floor, rocking this heavy beast on uneven ground with cars in front and behind me wasn't enjoyable.

I have a 2013 Voyager, Ivans flash (original), Rotella T6 (old formula), oil changed about 1000 miles ago. Oil level is fine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads