Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #616

KawaNOW WESTERN REGION RALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by suennico
lol...are you talking about Robe? lol...maybe I can have him assault another 5 yr old in the sandbox? Steal his snacks or something? Nah...don't think so...but thanks for the idea!! Hadn't thought of that one Dan! He IS pretty tough like his Dad!!

Showing his muscles off!
Sue, I thought that it was probably a teen. Wouldn't work so well with the cutie in the picture :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #617

lol...I know...my teen son I could leave alone...he's a good kid..so far!!! lol 16 now...they grow so fast!!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by suennico
lol...are you talking about Robe? lol...maybe I can have him assault another 5 yr old in the sandbox? Steal his snacks or something? Nah...don't think so...but thanks for the idea!! Hadn't thought of that one Dan! He IS pretty tough like his Dad!!

Showing his muscles off!
Yes, absolutley yes! Do what you have to but go.

Seriously, we'll miss you there.

Tomk

Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #619

Thanks Tom...I'll miss being there too TRUST ME!!!! I would have a lot more fun there than here!!! lol Don't have a sitter from 6 am to 7 pm though...!!! And sad to say the 2 boys would probably kill each other for that long!!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #620

mmmm.....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #621

We leave tomorrow for a liesurely two-day trip to Mesquite.

I'm starting to get the disconnected feeling of "un-reality" that goes along with the immediate proximity of a long awaited event.

I've also got a lot of pre-ride crap to do today, so minor anxiety over that is probably tweaking my karma a bit too.

But we'll be there, and whatever happens between BD and Nico, happens, right?

"Don't ask! Don't tell!"

Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #622
Advanced Member

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast....&zipcode=89027

I just checked the weather for Mesquite & the forecast is for 105-110 temperatures today thru Saturday. We are loading the bikes now, but with my diabetes I don't think I'll be able to ride in that kind of heat. With Wolfman's & CJ's permission, I will drive the support vehicle & follow the pack........-Rich

Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #623
Mega-Contributor

Redeye, that's totally up to you. You don't need our permission. We don't want anyone to put their health at risk. I would say wait until you're in Mesquite to make that call. It may not be as bad as it sounds.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #624
Advanced Member

I understand CJ. We are bringing the bikes. I read a post by Dan Lund where he has some sort of misting bottle attached to his front forks. I'm going to make a few calls today & see what I can find locally or maybe stop in Las Vegas tomorrow enroute to Mesquite...-Rich

Old 06-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #625

I'm not as tough as I used to be either, but I'm gonna go for it. I've got a giant bottle of sun tan oil and lots of bottled water, and the New and Improved Patented CaddmannQ Emergency Motohydration System.

If the bike will make it, we're going to make it.

I've been thinking about little misters on the windshield, but I don't think I'd like the mist on my eyeglasses.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #626

It's about 10:30 AM right now. Current temp in Mesquite is only 88<sup>o</sup>F

Mt. Carmel is 85<sup>o</sup>F right now.

In the actual canyons it will be much cooler too.

If we can get out of Mesquite early enough, it will only be in the mid 70's to low 80's for most of the morning ride. As long as we don't get stuck behind an asphalt truck in 100<sup>o</sup>F+ heat, I'll be happy.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #627

Yeah, I'm hoping the morning wont be 105. I'm cranking the AC in my hotel room before I leave so If I have to pass out after the ride the room will be ready for me.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #628

Well everything is coming together for a mid-morning departure tomorrow. I even changed the air filters. I've got new bottle holders. Chatterbox, cell phones and cameras are all charged up. The bike is almost clean & will get a little more washin' before we leave. Packing has commenced.

Oh, yeah. I'm wearing my old helmet because that's the one the chatterbox is mounted on. Besides, it's already been sweated in, and I've ventillated it a bit more than stock with some 3/8" & 1/2" spade bits. . ;) Judy bought a hand-held Misty Mate so she can squirt me as we ride instead of just spitting on me as she threatened after I told her it was 105<sup>o</sup>F in Mesquite.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #629

Congratulations to The Tripster and the Western Region Rally Coordinators Wolfman and Cactus Jack on a well planned successful First Annual KawaNOW Western Region Rally!!!!

Great job guys..... you have helped establish KawaNOW as the "Undisputed Leader" in the Nomad community!!!

We left our mark on Mesquite and are KawaNOW & FOREVER a force to be reckoned with!

<marquee>KawaNOW, the premier Nomad organization in the Universe!!!+1</marquee>

Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #630
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

"We left out mark on Mesquite"????

We left spelling out too huh???? LOL

This would have been really great if you could spell knucklehead!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005