Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Greeley, CO Run

Ells and I met up today for a run. Met in Longmont and headed towards Greeley. No one else contacted us about meeting up so we headed down the road. Took mainly paved country roads. It was fun. Did have one moment of horror. As I went over a rough (and I mean rough) railroad tracks, I noticed something bouncing behind my bike. Pulled over and started looking things over while Ells went back to gather whatever flew off. Couldn't find anything until I noticed the locks on the trunk were open. Lifted the lid and to my horror, my glass pack was missing.

Ell, made it back and everything was good to go. Amazing, at least 10 cars went over the top of it and didn't hit it.

Lots of flat straight roads, but nice scenery. As far as the flat roads, what else to you expect for eastern Colorado. Next time, we head for the mountains and get some twisties in.

Ells, glad we met up finally. Couldn't ask for a nicer gent. But of course, he drives a Nomad.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #2

Greeley, CO Run

It was as a good time and Waterman was a great tour guide. I took the lead at one point in Greeley and made a wrong turn within about a 1/2 block. Got back track and then did a great job leading on the 30 mile stretch that was straight and a arrow, but by golly I got us there. Always sort of interesting to be cruising out on the Colo eastern plains, hours of riding but check back to the west and there they are, the towering Rockies. Was particularly clear today Waterman noted and with the Mts at their maximum snow load was indeed a grand view, can see all the way from Wyoming to Pikes peak from out there. Was very good to get meet and ride with Waterman, we have some plans do it again, but maybe shift to a road I know better. Hope some others can join us next time.

Thanks Joel, made it back from Wiggins in just over an hour and didn't hit the wind tunnel.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #3

Greeley, CO Run

Sounds like you guys had fun.
At the last minute I blazed up to Copper Mountain to meet up with Malachi this afternoon to pick up some mufflers. Nice ride, a little windy and kinda chilly over the pass, but a great ride.
Malachi rode his new wing....traitor! lol.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #4

Greeley, CO Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman

Ells, glad we met up finally. Couldn't ask for a nicer gent.
+1 on that :)

Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Greeley, CO Run

My pleasure Ells. Some roads that I haven't been on. Not as scenic as the area you live in. In that area, as long as you North/South or East/West you will hit a major road. You made pretty good time. I made it home in around 45 minutes from there.

Take care till we hit the roads again.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads