Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #1

Vaquero speakers... Anybody do 6.5"???

I am getting ready to replace the stick speakers so I can hear them over my exhaust!!! LOL

I was curious if anybody has found a nice clean way to install 6.5" speakers instead if the 5.25" that they come with. It would be nice to get a little extra bass response from the larger speaker. They will be running off an amp of course!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to tear into the project until this is all squared away. I want to enjoy riding it! Not having it in pieces in my garage!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #2

I have heard that the infinity spearker was a good one and removeing the reverb tunal from behind the spaker adds more bass. This is what I have heard I have not tried it yet do to lack of money off hurt and money thght. If you try let us know what the out come realy is thanks. You can get the infinitys at amazon for around $62 hope it works out for you.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #3

Cool thread ZZ. I'm in the process of switching out myself. I'll have to watch this closely.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

They do this all the time with Harley fairings. They make adapters to mount larger speakers in the fairings so the speaker holes don't need to be modified. I don't know if anyone makes adapters for the Vaquero, though. Hogtunes and Biketronics sell them for Harleys. They might be made to work with a Vaq if you're creative.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #5

I looked into those adapters... The problem I see with those is that our grilles would no longer fit over the speakers. I think it would then look pretty crappy with that area exposed and not look finished. It is beginning to look like it will take some custom fab work in order to put in larger speakers. It is possible that they could be rear mounted into these, but I am not sure about that option either... Not looking too promising.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #6

I decided that I will give this idea an hour or so of R&D and see what I can come up with. I am currently waiting for some fiberglass to dry. I am going to see if I can make up a set of speaker pods to fill the factory holes and install 6.5 inch speakers in there. So here goes nothing! I will keep you folks in the lip with how it all goes.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #7

Screw it... I made a fiberglass insert and was going to make 6.5s fit, but there simply isn't enough room inside or around the panel to do it right and keep the clean look I want. I have decided instead to get high quality 5.25s and run a good amp. It will be way more than stock, and still more than I need!