Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-17-2021, 02:49 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spby52 View Post
have checked valves they hold...I can regulate pressure with pump and release and still have air when checked with tire gauge but only if bike in air...if I try to fill with shock compressed ..when removing pump air escapes...Have used another guys pump exact model and same results.... thinking of changing to progressive shocks because I change damping and air when I switch over to towing camping popup....pain in the ars...

Have you checked to make sure the valve is fully tightened into the shock ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #17

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Have you checked to make sure the valve is fully tightened into the shock ?
h

check both schrader valves....good to go ....again pressure holds after lowering bike ...checked with gauge....with rear tire raised zero loss pump can be connected and released with no air loss..weight on rear wheel no go...thanks for responses.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Could be a slow leak somewhere. Sounds like it's time for new shocks.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 03-19-2021, 10:28 AM   #19
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spby52 View Post
h

check both schrader valves....good to go ....again pressure holds after lowering bike ...checked with gauge....with rear tire raised zero loss pump can be connected and released with no air loss..weight on rear wheel no go...thanks for responses.
There is something not right here. Having the tires on the ground should not cause the shock valves to lose air when you remove the zero loss pump if it does not do so when the tires are off the ground. The PSI reading might change slightly when the bike is on the ground but the tires should not have lost air. Just put the PSI you want in the shocks when the bike is on the ground and call it a day.

Last edited by redjay; 03-19-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #20

bottom of page one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
Yup. Me too. As stated in the service manuals for both. Bottom of page 1. Sorry about the photos but had to reduce size before it would upload.

thanks...I thought I was losing my mind....raise rear wheel ....as stated....http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/a...1&d=1616004153

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #21
Advanced Member

I haven't done it yet on my 1600 Classic, but I plan to add a crossover tubing system between the air shocks. with a remote gauge so I can see the air pressure. To adjust the pressure I plan to use a hand bulb from a blood pressure cuff. It has a bleed off valve and a gauge, and only pumps up to well less than 100 psi. Something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ADULT-M...EAAOSwSbtZlKc5

The hand bulb allows for very small pressure adjustments. The bulb can easily be hidden on the bike. Could even be remote mounted in a saddle bag so no one would see it from the outside. I plan to also mod the fork caps to add air adjustment to the front.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:59 PM   #22
Top Contributor

A system to even the air pressure between the shocks was available years ago and was a popular modification.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:41 AM   #23

nice setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvh1959 View Post
I haven't done it yet on my 1600 Classic, but I plan to add a crossover tubing system between the air shocks. with a remote gauge so I can see the air pressure. To adjust the pressure I plan to use a hand bulb from a blood pressure cuff. It has a bleed off valve and a gauge, and only pumps up to well less than 100 psi. Something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ADULT-M...EAAOSwSbtZlKc5

The hand bulb allows for very small pressure adjustments. The bulb can easily be hidden on the bike. Could even be remote mounted in a saddle bag so no one would see it from the outside. I plan to also mod the fork caps to add air adjustment to the front.

let us know how it works....