Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #1

Nomad to Voyager

Opinions wanted, I currently have an '05 Nomad with 25,000 miles on it and am looking at a 2011 Voyager with 20,000 miles in excellent shape. I really want a full fairing etc. There would be about 4500.00 more than I could get for my bike. When I add the cost of a fairing and lowers etc for the nomad it is close to 2,000
Well what's some thoughts, how much better off would I be with the Voyager
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-13-2021, 11:53 PM   #2

If your want a real touring bike with tour pak, fairing with extra lights, lowers, stereo and extra storage, BUY IT. No matter what you do to the Nomad it will be always a Nomad at the end of the day and you will be always matching paint and picking up other parts to try and make it a Voyageur. Ask me how I know.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
Opinions wanted, I currently have an '05 Nomad with 25,000 miles on it and am looking at a 2011 Voyager with 20,000 miles in excellent shape. I really want a full fairing etc. There would be about 4500.00 more than I could get for my bike. When I add the cost of a fairing and lowers etc for the nomad it is close to 2,000
Well what's some thoughts, how much better off would I be with the Voyager
Thanks

Well...I've actually done this. I went from a 1999 Nomad to a 2015 Voyager. Still have the Nomad though..lol

So here's likes and dislikes. I loved that the Nomad had virtually any handlebar possibilities where the Voyager doesn't. I prefer ape hangers...and for the Nomad it was simple and cheap. Im currently trying to figure out what to do on the Voyager, probably going with JSR 12" or just making my own. The handlebars on the Voyager/Vaquero are horrible, it's my biggest complaint about the bike.

You do have more storage space on the Voyager, it's not as nimble as the Nomad. The full fairing is nice and it does provide music. The Voyager's suspension is more comfortable even though it is heavier.

Overall am I glad I got the Voyager? ABSOLUTELY
VBA member #3627
1999 Nomad
2015 Voyager