Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #31

Nice Glad to hear things went well, AND YOU HAVE THE BIKE BACK !! Hell Yah

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2021, 06:14 PM   #32

Had a problem with one of the HVLA's on the rear cylinder collapsing with the associated valve train noise and loss of performance. Drop the engine out of the frame last week and installed for new Adjusters in that rear cylinder I was able to take the bike out for about a 40-mile ride Saturday. This is a very tight engine but man oh man it is smooth, lots of torque and I I'm starting off kind of blind with the fuel injection tuning. We have the Ivan flash in the ECU and on top of that is a PC 5 and have worked a little bit with that unit to get some more grunt. Going to take it for one more follow-up test ride tomorrow and then get that bad boy cleaned up so Rob can pick it up on Saturday. Let me tell you the sound coming out of the exhaust this thing makes is nothing like any 1700 I've heard yeehaw!

Old 04-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #33

109 cubic inch kitted Vulcan classic heading home. Complete with fully undercut transmission, mild set of webcams, Hydraulics flush and bled, dynatech CDI system, new steering head bearings and front fork oil changed. Smooth running and and is a torquer even though it's a fresh engine. Rob rode it yesterday for a short ride before we loaded it up and came back with nothing but smiles and oh Yeah! Hopefully he'll chime in soon

Old 04-12-2021, 06:23 AM   #34
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
109 cubic inch kitted Vulcan classic heading home. Complete with fully undercut transmission, mild set of webcams, Hydraulics flush and bled, dynatech CDI system, new steering head bearings and front fork oil changed. Smooth running and and is a torquer even though it's a fresh engine. Rob rode it yesterday for a short ride before we loaded it up and came back with nothing but smiles and oh Yeah! Hopefully he'll chime in soon

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #35

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
HELL YEAH!! Posted in another forum but don't want to neglect this one. Ray did a PHENOMENAL Job with my bike. It s riding, driving, and performing waaay better than when I purchased it. This thing has everything but the kitchen sink in it. New radiator and Ivan Flash as well. Right now still breaking it it. About 300 or so miles til the first oil change. All gears shift with no issues, you can get on it and cruises at 80 without breaking a sweat. I cannot begin to tell you guys how happy I am. Ray...your the man! I Thank you for the fantastic job you did through the "Aogony and Ecstacy " of all bikes!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by vindicator6; 04-16-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Old 05-16-2021, 06:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator6 View Post
HELL YEAH!! Posted in another forum but don't want to neglect this one. Ray did a PHENOMENAL Job with my bike. It s riding, driving, and performing waaay better than when I purchased it. This thing has everything but the kitchen sink in it. New radiator and Ivan Flash as well. Right now still breaking it in. About 300 or so miles til the first oil change. All gears shift with no issues, you can get on it and cruises at 80 without breaking a sweat. I cannot begin to tell you guys how happy I am. Ray...your the man! I Thank you for the fantastic job you did through the "Aogony and Ecstacy " of all bikes!!

Old 05-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #37

Current update : Bike still performing fantastically! Still shifting like a dream. Getting used to Ray's throttle mod. It works great, you just half to remember that it takes less wrist action to get you going. I am about 500 miles left on the second break in oil change and put some great synthetic oil in. This WAS definitely worth the time and the money to me. Nothing like having a performance built bike ���� ��!!

Old 05-16-2021, 10:03 PM   #38

Yeehaw!!!

Old 05-28-2022, 03:49 PM   #39

RACNRAY are you willing to develop the same type of piston for the 1500/1600? There's a couple of us looking right now.

Vernon