Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #1

The Melody Marchbanks Memorial Ride - June 2012

Just heard the bad news from Greg that Melody Marchbanks, Don's spouse had just passed away. What a shock as she is loved by everyone.

I called Don and he is planning on riding in the NCR Rally 2012 and will bring her ashes as a memorial to her. This is a sweet thing to do and our rally will be called "The Melody Marchbanks Memorial Ride".

Her funeral will be tomorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Marchbanks family as we all mourn the loss of Mel.

BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Don continues to be a real BIKER!!!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #3

I will be there... you can count on it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
That is a good thing Don is doing. You guys have a great ride.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #5

I received a call from our friend Don Marchbanks (bluekaw1600) this morning. As you may know, he lost his beloved wife and partner Melody Ann Marchbanks on the morning of Dec 19th. He asked me to express his appreciation for those friends from Vulcan Baggers.com (Kawanow) who have offered condolences to him and his family.

Don particularly wanted to thank Trip for his efforts to create a motorcycle forum unlike any other. Making steadfast friendships has been very common in our association with one another. We care about one another and are there for each other when needed. Thank you Trip and all those who work with you to make the forum very special.

Mel loved riding with Don on their blue Nomad. The first time we met them was when they rode from Columbus, IN to our NorthCentral Regional Rally in Prairie du Chien, WI, only stopping for fuel along the way. Mel was an instant hit with her quick smile and quick wit. It was as if she knew us for years.

In honor of Mel, Don will ride his blue and silver Nomad to her memorial service that will be conducted at 2pm today (Wednesday) at Barkes, Weaver & Glick Funeral Home, Columbus, IN. If we could, there would be several other Nomads riding with him.

We have all lost a great friend and forum member. You can read more about Mel and write online condolences at www.barkesweaverglick.com.

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Login or Register to Remove Ads