Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by haygrrr View Post
I'm sorry to hear that ZZ. I've enjoyed following your progress. Its quite a bike!! Best of luck with the job and getting what you want for the bike.
Thanks... I hate to sell it, and don't really need to. But, I would rather somebody enjoy it, then it sit in my garage for months. It will be snowing by the time I have time to ride again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #47

I am again considering selling the bike.... It is sadly not getting the use that it deserves. It old rather somebody gets to use it than it sit in my garage. Send me a PM if you are interested!

Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #48

LOOKS AWESOME!!! I am not a big fan of black skoots but urs is done very well.

Kinda sinister,eh??!!

RACNRAY

Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #49

Nice job on it. Looks great !

Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #50

Anybody interested? Needs absolutely nothing. it is ready to ride for years to come.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #51

Still looking to sell the bike... We have a little one on the way and the extra cash would be helpful. Let me know if you are interested, I would love to have somebody enjoy this bike.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #52
Advanced Member

I thought I had replied on this thread before but I guess not. I just wanted to say that is one sweet looking vaquero, you've done a great job with it. Good luck selling your bike.
One question...how easy was it removing the cylinder head covers ? Do you have to replace any gaskets or anything when you take them off?
actually I have a couple of more questions, how is the powdercoat holding up on the exhaust or did you have them ceramic coated? The other question is did you remove the saddlebag handles to wrap them, I'm guessing you did?

2012 Vaquero
Special edition Candy Lime Green / Ebony
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed

Last edited by tazfl; 11-10-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfl View Post
...One question...how easy was it removing the cylinder head covers ? Do you have to replace any gaskets or anything when you take them off?...
Taz - having removed those myself, the covers are plastic over the actual metal cylinder head cover. In general they are easy to remove as it's only 4 bolts that hold them to the metal covers. That being said, in my personal experience the LH side bolt on the rear cylinder is not exactly easy to access. RH side isn't either, but the LH side proved to be the most challenging. Anyway, nothing else mechanical to them, no gaskets, etc. They are just cosmetic covers.
[/COLOR]

Old 11-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin W View Post
Taz - having removed those myself, the covers are plastic over the actual metal cylinder head cover. In general they are easy to remove as it's only 4 bolts that hold them to the metal covers. That being said, in my personal experience the LH side bolt on the rear cylinder is not exactly easy to access. RH side isn't either, but the LH side proved to be the most challenging. Anyway, nothing else mechanical to them, no gaskets, etc. They are just cosmetic covers.
ahhhhhh sweet, I see, thanks for the response Devin

2012 Vaquero
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed

Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #55

yes very nice work my friend looks very cool !

Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #56

Very true about the head covers. The bolts just need to be loosened and then the covers slide out. Very easy! But yes, the bolts are tough to reach.

The powdercoat looks new still. The stuff on the exhaust is designed to be used on exhaust, but isn't ceramic coated. You wouldn't know unless I told you!

It is an all around great looking and performing bike... I just won't have much time for it with my new job, and the new addition to the family next summer!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #57
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZVaquero View Post
Very true about the head covers. The bolts just need to be loosened and then the covers slide out. Very easy! But yes, the bolts are tough to reach.

The powdercoat looks new still. The stuff on the exhaust is designed to be used on exhaust, but isn't ceramic coated. You wouldn't know unless I told you!

It is an all around great looking and performing bike... I just won't have much time for it with my new job, and the new addition to the family next summer!
thanks for the response

2012 Vaquero

Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #58

Still looking for a buyer. People, please ask your friends if they are in the market. Just hoping somebody will enjoy the bike !!!

Old 11-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #59

Awsome Bike. Where did you get the curved license plate bracket ? It really fits nice on the rear fender.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #60

The license plate brack is from Custom Dynamics. It came with all the lights built in, but I had to make a simple bracket to bolt it on with. Super easy though!