Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #1

Dual Load Equalizer

Hey guys I have a question. I have a break light module installed, works great, have installed run, turn, break controller with stock light bulbs. I then installed LED bulbs and ordered dual loaded equalizer as told by vendor. After installing these they are not flashing properly; they are flashing at excessive rate.

This is from the directions from Load Equalizer:

"If you have a lighting control module already installed on the bike, then the Dual Equalizer must be installed on the power supply side of the module, not between the module and the turn
signals!"

I have installed the 2 wires leading from the module to the gray and green turn signal wires. Can someone tell me where the power supply side of the module is? Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Dual Load Equalizer

....ourtime
Well, without knowing what module you have installed and where its located, its hard to help you out with your question. The link below is for instructions for installing a load equalizer with a Tri-Star signal light module. The schematic at the bottom of the page shows to hook the equalizer to the input side of the module, which is the violet wire for the left side and the brown wire for the right. You may have hooked the equalizer to the output side of the module, which would be the white/violet for the left signal and the white/brown for the right. If you know where the module is mounted, follow the wires and you should be able to figure out where to hook em. Easy for me to say, eh??? Wish I could help you more. Hope I've helped and not made things worse. Good luck. :)

Mike

http://signaldynamics.com/products/M...ristarinst.asp

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #3

Dual Load Equalizer

lomax still no luck.. The dual loan equalizer bramd SDC has three wires only, violet, brown, and black for grounding. I wired the violet and brown wires to the green and gray turn signal wires of the harness. Question is is the gray and green wires the positive wires?

thanks

Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Dual Load Equalizer

....ourtime
I guess I'd be wondering where the module is wired into the circuit. Is it under the seat and its hooked into the grey and green before it goes into the fender? If it is there, are you sure you are hooking into the green and grey with the equalizer in front of, or on the input side of the module? If you are, then perhaps the equalizer is not working properly. Its hard to troubleshoot electrical stuff without being able to see it. You may have to take it to someone local there and have a look at your setup. Good luck :)

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"