Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #31

Driver backrest from Lonnie ARE AVAILABLE NOW!!!

The drivers backrests are done. We are currently in the process of putting it on our website www.grasshopperlimited.com. Let me know if anyone is interested. The cost is $90.00 US for non studded or $95.00 US for studded plus $10.00 US shipping. International orders are $25.00 US. shipping.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #32
Top Contributor

I'll be very interested to see what it looks like and how is connects....I like the price point for something I would only use for longer rides......I am assuming it will be very similar to the others you already have???

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 12-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #33

It is like the other ones that i have yes. I only have the one out there right now. That is the one that ds06nomad(daryl) has. Lonnie will be putting pics of it tonight on the grasshopper website so everyone can see it. Daryl might post some pics of it on here, i don't know though. It installs in 5 minutes and only take seconds to take off. Sorry it is not adjustable yet. Lonnie is looking into trying to make it adjustable just worried about how much it would cost to do that. Don't want to raise the price on it.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #34

Don't like bursting your bubble but I don't think there is a way to make it adjustable without raising the price.
I looked at every drivers backrest out there before I bought my BakUp rest. I bought it 'cause it was adjustablr up and down and forward and back. It cost $350 but I wanted adjustability.
The price range for adjustable rests is $250 to $350.
The price range for non-adjustables is $90 to $125.
If you like, I can email you a couple of pics of my rest so maybe you can get an idea of how they did the adjustable thing. Then maybe you could come up with similar but cheaper method.
The up and down adjustability would be easy. You just machine slots in one piece and put bolts from the other piece through the slots to move up and down.

VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I like the fact that your trying to come up with a "low cost" alternative dakals. Around $100 delivered would be well received by the Nomad community.

The $14 muffler mod sure beats the $500 exhaust system if all your after is a little rumble.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #36

Quote:
I like the fact that your trying to come up with a "low cost" alternative dakals. Around $100 delivered would be well received by the Nomad community.

The $14 muffler mod sure beats the $500 exhaust system if all your after is a little rumble.
I agree 100% on the rumble mod BD. You had a great idea and it was recieved very well by everyone. Congrats. :)

However, I got to think you are dreaming if you think anyone can build a fully adjustable drivers backrest for around $100.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it. It would sell big time
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #37

Hey topcat if you can send me pics of your backrest that would be great. Email me at bf4cm28@yahoo.com Thanks. I know the price would have to go up if we could make it adjustable but i don't want it to be an outrageous price. I want everyone to be able to afford one. It's not about making a profit because we barely make one as it is. It's about being able to ride for hours and not having your back hurt. Let me know if you can send me pics of your backrest. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #38
Advanced Member

I have the first Nomad backrest from Lonnie & Allison (aka, Dakals) on my '06. Man, what a relief!!! It sets itself right into the curvature of my lower back and completely alleviates the "tired" feeling and slouching. VERY simple to install (took this shadetree all of 5 minutes!) and the bracket is hidden away, nestled between the driver and passenger seat when the backrest is removed.

Very simple, very CLEAN design, ergonomics and excellent craftsmanship... as always from Lonnie. I just can't say enough good things about how nice it is to have a simple fix to such a recurring problem (tired back, slouching riding position, etc).

I'm going to try to post pix of the backrest of my scoot so others can see how its linear configurement nails the spine curvature just right.

THANKS A TON, Lonnie!!!

Best,
Daryl

PS- ok, I can't figure it out; how do I post pix???

Old 12-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #39
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

you need to have a hosting site like Photobucket that the pic is uploaded to then make a link here. also check the FAQ section for directions.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 12-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #40
Top Contributor

Of the 3 backrests I got from Lonnie, all I did was put the backrest on and if it needed to go back further I held onto the handlebars and pushed until it was where I wanted it and there it stayed.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #41
Advanced Member

yeah, I don't see me doing that. But, if anyone wants to see pix of Lonnie's backrest on my Nomad, E-mail me and I'll E back with pix. That way I know how to do...

Daryl

Old 12-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #42

Hey Beezer did you tell Lonnie that you had to push back on the backrest for it to work for you? I wold hope that if lonnie new of this he would have corrected the problem. Anyways daryl don't worry about posting pics on here. Lonnie said when he gets home he will put them on. I believe they are pics of your bike anyway.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #43
Top Contributor

I didn't need to tell Lonnie. I took care of it myself. I did that on the C50 with the plastic fender and there was no problem. I'm around 6'3 and I knew some adjustment would be needed as opposed to someone 5'8. No problem, worked every time. (and was very comfortable). I really liked the rounder shape.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #44

Ok i'm sorry Beezer just want to make sure you were taken care of.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #45
Top Contributor

all transactions with Lonnie went smoothly dakals :)