Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1

Where to put the O2 sensor for a PCV., pro pipe 2-1

I have the vance and hines 2-1 pro pipe and there is no connection on the pipe for an O2 sensor that comes with the PC auto tune kit, I have the AT-200 and was hoping someone would point out the best location to mount the sensor, I was thinking just back of the section where the two exhaust headers connect, that way you get the flow from both cylinders.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Most O2 Sensors on V-Twins come in pairs and they are located 12 inches from the heads..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #3

Smokey, I just installed my AT-200 about 2 weeks ago. I had my bung welded to the lower pipe about 4 inches from where the two pipes join. The wire comes up into the R side cover just even with the rear side. Also located my AT-200 behind the R side cover. After installing the bung I wrapped the pipes. I am VERY pleased with the performance difference after adding the auto tune. I have a few pics of the O2 sensor in place, and the pipes after wrapping. Get in touch if I can answer any questions about it.
V&H ProPipe, Thunder big air kit, Ivanized ECU.
Ray's throttle mod, ISO grips, 4" risers, rear light mods
Mustang Touring seat
400 watt Alpine Amp with 6.5 Kickers
Fusion LED Headlight

VBA # 02224
VROC # 2702

Godfather

Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Smokey, I just installed my AT-200 about 2 weeks ago. I had my bung welded to the lower pipe about 4 inches from where the two pipes join. The wire comes up into the R side cover just even with the rear side. Also located my AT-200 behind the R side cover. After installing the bung I wrapped the pipes. I am VERY pleased with the performance difference after adding the auto tune. I have a few pics of the O2 sensor in place, and the pipes after wrapping. Get in touch if I can answer any questions about it.

Thanks, I would appreciate if you could send some pics, I should be getting the auto tune soon, you can send them to my email at smokeyatcvfrdotca

When you say 4 inches is that toward the front of the bike? I am assuming so but we all know what the definition of assume is LOL. Interesting that you had it done for the lower pipe, I had mine done on the dyno, but wanted to go with the auto tune in case I changed air boxes or baffles. The handy thing is that if it doesn't work better you just disconnect the sensor and put the original dyno map in.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #5

I put mine in the middle of where the two pipes Y

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #6

Looks good. I originally thought that was a good place. Get a mix of front and rear cylinders. I just thought it was hanging out there with no protection around it. It will be more sensitive to exhaust leaks in that joint also if not sealed good.
Glad you got a "happy spot" for it. I think you notice a difference in how the bike runs.
I just saved the (quiet baffle) map on mine that the autotune created. Now i'm going to switch to the standard baffle and put enough miles on it to create a map for it.
V&H ProPipe, Thunder big air kit, Ivanized ECU.
Ray's throttle mod, ISO grips, 4" risers, rear light mods
Mustang Touring seat
400 watt Alpine Amp with 6.5 Kickers
Fusion LED Headlight

VBA # 02224
VROC # 2702

Godfather

Old 05-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #7

I had it welded in and no leaks what so ever. As far as protection I feel its in a safe enough to leave it in.