Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 09-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

Picked up a viper paging system .....

Hey guys i picked up a viper ( directed electronics ) paging system really cheap and i am gonna put it on the nomad. It has 4 trigger inputs so i am going to add switches to the saddle bags one each and save one for the trunk i am adding when its to cold to ride ( bought a trunk to add once i tear it down for painting and winter maintenance ) but id like to add the last one to the kick stand switch. If possible id like to tap the factory switch and not have to add another one. What this system does is transmits to a pager that i will be wearing in the event of one of the switches being tripped. it could trigger a siren but id rather catch them messing with it and beat the piss out of them then scare them away. So i was just wondering if anyone had a decent diagram of the factory kickstand switch i dont want to botch it and be stranded somewhere and id like to tap the wires higher up than at the switch so as to avoid shorts in wet riding and such. thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

I would add a tilt sensor, so it pages you if someone stands the bike up straight.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Advanced Member

I can't help with the kickstand but wanted to say the project sounds like a good idea, let us know how it works once installed. Would be cool if it could call your cell as well, that would probably get into some higher money though.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:59 AM   #4

I got a TK 103B, on ebay,does everything for about $50,no subscription for tracking either

Old 09-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #5

tilt sensor good idea and cheap to . this one with an antenna added will page for around a half mile. ill have to look into the TK 103b tracking would be cool.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachme View Post
tilt sensor good idea and cheap to . this one with an antenna added will page for around a half mile. ill have to look into the TK 103b tracking would be cool.
When you decide to buy one, and you will, beware of going for the cheapest one, they dont all come with the microphone,and speaker or the tilt sensor,the door sensor's can be wired up to the prop stand or steering head, they are on ebay today at £34.95 free postage to the UK ($57.22) for the complete package,i hope you are good at wiring & computing, because you will need to be to install & set it up,( i paid a bloke who know's what's what £50) but once you have you can sleep easy. If your'e bike move's you and 5 of your'e mate's will get a text, then you, and them, can track it on your'e phone's or laptop's. You can also listen in to hear what's happening near you're bike,and warn anyone to keep away from it if hear them eyeing it up,ive had mine close on 2yrs and i have no worries leaving my bike outside bar's, it's a clever little bastard

Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #7

Yeah I have a gift for wiring and build PCs and network for many years. Sounds cool I like the pager because it makes no noise a d doesn't alert said criminal that I am on my way.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachme View Post
Yeah I have a gift for wiring and build PCs and network for many years. Sounds cool I like the pager because it makes no noise a d doesn't alert said criminal that I am on my way.
I think you can also set a GPS perimeter wherever you park it, so if anyone step's inside it, you and you're chosen 5 other recipient's get a text. I am like a cow with a pitchfork when it come's to gizmo's, so i do'nt know how to use half of the feature's that it has, i use an ALMAX IMMOBILISER chain with a Y'ANCHOR and a XENA XX15 disc lock/alarm at home, so with that and the TK103B, my dog's and a couple of other thing's, my bike is pretty safe. Let me know if you buy one,and how you get on with it.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #9

Not related to your question but something for consideration - I had an alarm on an auto that was wired into the starting circuit so that it would disable the starter. Wife drove it to grocery, turned the alarm on and went inside. When she returned, her remote had died and would not de-activate the alarm so she used her key to unlock the car. That set off the alarm and killed the ignition on the car until I could bring the other remote to her. Fortunately I was nearby in the other vehicle. After that, I never wired another alarm into the starting circuit.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #10

I was looking at buying a Mercedes S class when a dealer told me about one of his customer's. On the way home one night a red light came on his dashboard, not knowing what it was he thought, sod it, i'll sort it out later, when he arrived home late at night, the wife was in bed, as he pulled into the drive and turned off the ignition the electric seat went forward really fast,the steering wheel came out to meet it, and trapped him, the seat belt locked, the alarm went off, the headlight's and indicator's started flashing, and all the door's locked,there he was with his chest pressed against the steering wheel, unable to reach his jacket with his phone in it, His wife came out to see what the hell he was playing at, she could'nt get in and he could'nt get out,so there they were both shouting, trying to hear each other above the alarm, all the neighbour's came out to see what the hell was going on, someone said that she should call the fire brigade, who said that all they could do was force the door's with a hydraulic jack,and cause a load of damage, so they phoned an emergency number for Mercedes breakdown, the bloke came out about an hour later with a gizmo that reset the car's electronic's, and let him out,apparently the car for some reason decided that it was being stolen, so as soon as it stopped it went into containment mode and took him hostage. That little episode cost him £480 ($782) to get out of his own car !,