Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1

WTF Just wondering

Can anyone tell me what it is like to ride your bike?. I've been so freaking busy with work that I haven't been able to get a ride in anyhow and when I've had a minute it was bloody raining out. Last week I was so pissed when I was in my shop building 2 sets of stairs for a client of mine and looked over to see about a 1/4" of dust on my bike because once again it was raining out and I didn't want to put the bike outside.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #2

Riding my bike is pretty good, I ride it to work almost every day.
Lately that has been the bulk of my riding since Ive been busy on the weekends. Hopefully I'll start riding it more on the weekends real soon.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #3

I feel your pain, I have been so busy I haven't got out as much as I would like.
Last week I said piss on it, and made plans with vulcan guy, sly and my brother.
Great day we were 2 Nomads and 2 wings. We did a little over 400 km dodging rain, some construction and women drueling over the Nomads and their riders. Ok the last bit was a bit of a stretch, but thats what it feels like to ride a blue Nomad!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 06-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Riding my Victory XCT has been pure joy!! Thanks for asking!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Riding my Victory XCT has been pure joy!! Thanks for asking!!
West coast crasher.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Advanced Member

Waving

I can't complain, on Tuesday I rode out to St-Jerome & back, took wife out Wednesday for a day run up around Shawville, crossed over at Portage du Fort dame, rode along the Ottawa River towards Armprior were we ate some fries from a chip wagon called Wes' Chips,
they are gr8, worth the trip alone, LOL. Then took back roads & headed home. I will be taking it easy next week, friends are flying in from Newfoundland tomorrow for my sister in law's wedding on the 29th.

Cheers

Old 06-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #7

Thumbs Up Long weekend

We've got a run planned for the long weekend if the weather holds [wife is nervous in the rain]. We're leaving from Harcourt and running over to the Bruce peninsula and up to Tobormory and catch the ferry across to Manitoulin Island, stay there for a couple of days run up to Lake Nippissing, spend a night there and then head over to Pembroke and make our way back down, maybe come down 60 or go over to algonquin and come down through Lake saint peter and then home. Some where in the range of 1200 km, man its long over due. Safe ride everyone

Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Mega-Contributor

It's very comfortable, even more so now that I have XM satellite radio through my Harman Kardon Premium Audio System. I set the cruise control, put my feet up and it's almost like watching my HD big screen from my luxurious leather recliner. I tell you, I don't deserve to live this well.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
It's very comfortable, even more so now that I have XM satellite radio through my Harman Kardon Premium Audio System. I set the cruise control, put my feet up and it's almost like watching my HD big screen from my luxurious leather recliner. I tell you, I don't deserve to live this well.
I'll mention that to the IRS for you.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Last edited by cnc; 06-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #10

Quote:
How is XM reception on the bike compared to a car or truck? I've been thinking about it on Vaquero but is big bucks. Have had it in my truck for many years and really like it.
VBA #2354

Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
Mega-Contributor

Haven't really had much of a chance to try it. Ask me again after I get back from the rally.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #12

I've been riding about 500 miles a week consistently, weather is great almost all year round in Cali for riding, my bike will be 1 year old in 5 weeks and I'm going to turn 19,000 miles this week, and have loved every mile. As far as the XM, I got the EOM iPod kit and I love it, it's way cheaper and no monthly fee and you can chose what you want to listen to.
Cobra Power Pro
K&N High Intake Air Filter
EOM 15 Inch Windshield
EOM Aux Driving Lights
EOM iPod Kit, iPod Touch
Mustang Wide Touring Studded Seat
Castrol Full Synthetic Racing Oil
Kuryakyn Black Iso Grips
Kuryakyn Stiletto Grip Ends
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Kuryakyn Black Scythe Mirrors
Michelin Commander II Tires

Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
[/U]
I'll mention that'll the IRS for you.
You don't have to. The NSA will.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
Mega-Contributor

Two days on the road and nearly 900 miles and I can say the XM works great. The only time I have not been able to find a signal is in a couple of spots in some narrow canyons in CO.

Yes Kevin, I have an MP3 player and a CD player but XM offers programming I like to listen to. If all I wanted to listen to is recorded music then the XM wouldn't be worth the expense.

I bought an Audiovox XMP3i which is a portable unit. It needs no external antenna, and it works in my truck as well as on the bike. I bought a RAM mount for it and a USB power cable, it has an internal battery which lasts about 4 hours. I can plug it into the USB charger in my fairing and not have to worry about the battery. I connect the audio out to my AUX input and I'm good to go. It also has a microSD card slot and I have about 10GB of recorded music on it. The radio is about the size of a flip-phone.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Two days on the road and nearly 900 miles and I can say the XM works great. The only time I have not been able to find a signal is in a couple of spots in some narrow canyons in CO.

Yes Kevin, I have an MP3 player and a CD player but XM offers programming I like to listen to. If all I wanted to listen to is recorded music then the XM wouldn't be worth the expense.

I bought an Audiovox XMP3i which is a portable unit. It needs no external antenna, and it works in my truck as well as on the bike. I bought a RAM mount for it and a USB power cable, it has an internal battery which lasts about 4 hours. I can plug it into the USB charger in my fairing and not have to worry about the battery. I connect the audio out to my AUX input and I'm good to go. It also has a microSD card slot and I have about 10GB of recorded music on it. The radio is about the size of a flip-phone.
Sounds like a good setup. I've got older & larger docking station XM unit in truck that you can bring in house. Best part is they had lifetime memberships back then. So haven't paid anything in years. Probably too large for bike though so OEM may be my only option.
VBA #2354