Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

Question Sage leather designs

Just a question to anyone that has purchased the sage custom saddlebags leather chaps for the saddlebag. I purchased a set and find that they stretch over the plastic knobs on the underside of the bags and when stretched they look really good. My problem is when I tried to put them on the bike that the bolt holes that attach and secure the bags to the bike are too high and the bolt up won't work. Only thing I can think of to would be to remove the rubber inserts that cushion the bike bottom to the steel rail and I am not sure if that is the way to go as the rubber seems to cushion the bags from rubbing on the steel brackets. Anyone else experience this problem and if so what was your solution. Also thought about removing the pieces of plastic sewn in to the chaps themselves that fit over the bottom of the saddlebags knob but think if I did that they would stretch out of shape. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads