Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #31

My wife gets one shot a month, Orencia, for her Rheumatoid Arthritis. The shot costs $3000 per shot and $25 co pay for the office visit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
My wife gets one shot a month, Orencia, for her Rheumatoid Arthritis. The shot costs $3000 per shot and $25 co pay for the office visit.
That is just ridiculous,and they have the nerve to tack on the $25 I dont know how your sytem work's,but are you better or worse off since Obama's change's to it.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
I feel your pain. Well, at least your wife's pain. I have RA also. I self-inject bi-weekly with Humira. It is $1,200 per shot (x 2 = $2,400 per month). Fortunately, my insurance carries the heaviest weight of the payment, but if I were to lose my insurance I am most positive the bulk of the cost would be on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
That is just ridiculous,and they have the nerve to tack on the $25 I dont know how your sytem work's,but are you better or worse off since Obama's change's to it.
My personal experience is that it is worse; and is only going to continue to get worse. Also, we are getting close to having a shortage of doctors in the U.S.; which will compound some of the problems.

My wife works for a medical university (training doctors); so we have a lot of exposure to practicing physicians and other professionals in the medical industry. From listening to them, the large majority say it has made the entire system worse, rather than better. Their reasons are many; some of which as a patient I see when going to a doctor. Our system needed "fixing"; but Obamacare was not the right "fix". It was simply too much too soon, and was not well thought-out. The amount of legislation to adjust it since it started is proof it was a poorly designed program. But then again; what does our government do well?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 06-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
I feel your pain. Well, at least your wife's pain. I have RA also. I self-inject bi-weekly with Humira. It is $1,200 per shot (x 2 = $2,400 per month). Fortunately, my insurance carries the heaviest weight of the payment, but if I were to lose my insurance I am most positive the bulk of the cost would be on me.

My personal experience is that it is worse; and is only going to continue to get worse. Also, we are getting close to having a shortage of doctors in the U.S.; which will compound some of the problems.

My wife works for a medical university (training doctors); so we have a lot of exposure to practicing physicians and other professionals in the medical industry. From listening to them, the large majority say it has made the entire system worse, rather than better. Their reasons are many; some of which as a patient I see when going to a doctor. Our system needed "fixing"; but Obamacare was not the right "fix". It was simply too much too soon, and was not well thought-out. The amount of legislation to adjust it since it started is proof it was a poorly designed program. But then again; what does our government do well?
It was on purpose. The purpose was to make it suck so much that we'd clamor for single payer. It's manipulation through the Hegelian dialectic: Problem - Reaction - Solution. It's the dynamo of politics and making sausage.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 06-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
It was on purpose. The purpose was to make it suck so much that we'd clamor for single payer. It's manipulation through the Hegelian dialectic: Problem - Reaction - Solution. It's the dynamo of politics and making sausage.
It appears to be so... People seem to not be quite aware of it yet though; but eventually they will. It will be far too late by then. Some will die because of it; especially once the bureaucracy becomes so thick and sluggish (you can fill-in the rest). Just think of the VA's system... Now there's a model of proficiency of patient care and concern.

It is a sad situation, from which there is no return...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads