Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #1

Hi from Woodstock, GA

Hello everyone,

I am Matt and I reside in Woodstock, GA. I am an avid motorcyclist and love to ride. Even with 2 back surgeries this year I have logged over 10k miles riding since mid-to-late February. Not a ton of miles, but more than your average rider. I own a 07 Honda Shadow vt750c2. I love this bike, small, nimble, great gas mileage. Unfortunately, my wife didn't like me riding the bike all the time without hereas it is too small to ride 2up (atleast for my fat arse it is). I have kept the shadow as it makes a great work commuter (excellent gas mileage), and a fun bike to fling through the twisties. I will just ride it when the wife isn't coming with.

Here is a picture of the Shadow up on the dragon a month or so ago:

So to not have my wife divorce me I have been looking for a good deal on a nomad for awhile. I love the look of the nomads, and have been real picky on what I have been looking for. This past weekend I found an 09 with a little less than 6k miles on it and had to jump all over it. Here are pics of the stock 09 nomad:

I just ordered a set of highway pegs for the bike, and am going to order a set of grips next. I was reading about Ray's throttle mod, might have to look into that some more. Plan on doing various things to the bike including a new exhaust, air filter kit, power commander V, and possibly a mustang seat. The seat on the bike, I am not sure if it is stock or if the guy had mean city do a gel insert, but it's not too bad.

I ride pretty much all the time and am a member of a local riding club. If anybody in the area feels like riding, please drop me a line. This Friday I am taking a big trip on the Nomad up to the dragon via the moonshiner. I am going to hit the hellbender a few times, as well as the skyway, devil's triangle, diamondback, some of the BRP, and The rattler 209. Some of my favorites up there..

Anways, just thought I would introduce myself and say hi. I have been enjoying reading the forums and all the great information. Thank you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads