Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #31
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Let Me Just Say....

LMAO Not a chance of breaking even or even coming close. Would you believe 800 million for security alone.
If the business's were in "the zone" there's a good chance they had a revenue increase. Outside of that "zone" there was no doubt a drop in revenue. If you lived or owned a business in the "lower mainland" but out side of the actual boundary's of Vancouver city,...."for get about it".

I'm happy with the results for the athletes and our medals for sure.!!
and yes leadbelly the fed's did kick in some $$$ and they are being asked to contribute some more. Oh boy!! I get to pay for these Olympics out of both pockets. Prov. and Fed.. Sorry !
I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves, loved our country and the host city ....my home, Vancouver. I just hope not too many liked it enough to move here. BUT....I'm glad that it's over. At least for the most part. The paralympics will start on March 12, so it ain't over yet.
Hey !! and I just heard yesterday that if for some reason the Russians can't get things together to hold the next winter games,.... it comes back here to Vancouver. That,... is a real possibility too. The Russians need to spend approx. 5 billion to just bring up their electrical grid up to where it needs to be. Not to mention they have very little in the way of venues available right now where they can hold some of the events. Like we had GM Place, the Pacific Coliseum,
and the venues in Whistler. Yes they have mountains. Their weather is apparently warmer than what ours is/was..... Good Lord I hope they can pull it off. "Go Russia Go" ...

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #32

Let Me Just Say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Good Lord I hope they can pull it off. "Go Russia Go" ...
Hi Rick,

I really didn't want to reignite anything here. But what I heard on the radio made me post that.

I like your last line: Good Lord I hope they can pull it off. "Go Russia Go" ...

Cheers,

E.