Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #31
Advanced Member

Man!!! Not now !!

Hi Elvis - We very rarely see Nomads in our travels, we know their out there, we just never see them.

I have a good HD story for you guys. On our way to Custer 4 years ago for a VROC rally, it's 7:00 in the morning, and we come across a little cafe out in the middle of nowhere. Best breakfast you can have is at those little places, so we stop. We go in, sit by the window, and are watching the day get warm when we hear them coming. The first one pulled in and parked by the Nomads, the second one pulled in, said something to the first guy and they both back up and move over 10 feet and then the last 2 park.

These 4 guys had to be in their 60's so they were an age where they were taught better manners by their Mamas than what they had. They walked in the door, picked the table furthest away from us, and sat down. On the way by our table, we both said good morning to them - not a word, not a glance, nothing, nada. I looked at Brian and made the comment "Do they actually think the Nomads are going to mate with the HD's? Our Nomads have better taste". Not a word, not a glance, nothing, nada.

We ate and left the cafe just as 2 more HD's pulled up. They parked by the Nomads, got off, and started to talk to us. Commented on the weather, the beautiful day, where we were all going; walked around the Nomads, commented about how nice they were, have a good ride, and went into the cafe. I thought it was bit strange they were not wearing the Harley uniform until they turned around and I got a look at the patch - Bandidos. 2 of the nicest guys we've ever talked to.

My personal favorite is the uniform - right down to the underwear for most of them. Really not an attractive look but what the hey, we can't tell what they ride so their clothes will let us know.

CC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2010, 04:54 AM   #32
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Man!!! Not now !!

Good story CC.... there is hope and I'll give "them" another chance next time I have the opportunity.
Thanks

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #33

Man!!! Not now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
I use to be able to handle anything anyone threw at me as far as hot goes E. But according to the Dr. I have created an allergic reaction to anything too spicy, from eating a lot of it. I tend to go into hiccup fits and sweating profusely when I eat things spicy. So except for the odd time I tend to have stay away from too much heat. But ya bring along "the pepper".

As an update to the orig. thread,... the knee is doing better but understand what the physio Dr said when he told me "even when the knee doesn't hurt as much, doesn't mean it's all better. I'm a long way away from being better. I'm waiting on a knee brace for it right now. 5-7 weeks to go if the Dr's are correct.
Hi Rick,

My wife also thinks that I have allergy to hot and spicy food because I also sweat like crazy. That's why I try to eat spicy food only at home, sometimes it's really embarrassing to sweat that much in a restaurant or at a party....

Back to the original thread: You've got to do whatever it takes to heal up completely, so take your time, take it slow. So what if you cannot dance to the same rhythms as you did when you were 18. Believe me there's magic in s l o w.

Take it easy,

Elvis

P.S. Rick, please take a look over to Let Me Just Say.... thread.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #34

Man!!! Not now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat
My personal favorite is the uniform - right down to the underwear for most of them. Really not an attractive look but what the hey, we can't tell what they ride so their clothes will let us know.
CC
Hey CC,

Very good story indeed. Your observations on this interesting phenomenon are consistent with many others I've heard.

People ride bikes for different reasons, as long as they don't bother me, I could care less about what they do. As you might've noticed, if they bother me though, I really get ticked off.

Cheers,

Elvis

Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
Advanced Member

Man!!! Not now !!

Another good one is the HD rider we ran into on the Logan Pass one day 2 summers ago. We had a bad hopper problem in Alberta and this guy had ran through a rather large swarm and the whole front of his HD and the windshield were literally black with hopper guts. I walked over with my clean cloth and the spray bottle of Plexus and asked if he would like to clean his windshield. He looked at me, looked at my Ruby and told me 'any kind of stuff you put on that piece of sh*t isn't going on my Harley'. I said fine, ride home looking around your windshield instead of through and I hope you run into another swarm. Stupid idiot.

I've got more than a few stories about idiots on HD's and have never really figured out why they have to act like idiots.

CC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #36

Man!!! Not now !!

Quote:
He looked at me, looked at my Ruby and told me 'any kind of stuff you put on that piece of sh*t isn't going on my Harley'. I said fine, ride home looking around your windshield instead of through and I hope you run into another swarm. Stupid idiot.
CC
I'm speechless.
Beyond comprehension. The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits [Einstein].

Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #37
Top Contributor

Man!!! Not now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Quote:
He looked at me, looked at my Ruby and told me 'any kind of stuff you put on that piece of sh*t isn't going on my Harley'. I said fine, ride home looking around your windshield instead of through and I hope you run into another swarm. Stupid idiot.
CC
I'm speechless.
Beyond comprehension. The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits [Einstein].
+++1 E

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #38

Man!!! Not now !!

Rick..I'm late again..just got home from up North. Sorry to hear of your mishap, time does heal. I'm looking forward to possibly hooking up with some of the western riders this spring. I'll be on the road from May20-June4. Heading back home to the island and of coarse almost every road in B.C. and Alberta..John

Old 02-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #39
Top Contributor

Man!!! Not now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog
Rick..I'm late again..just got home from up North. Sorry to hear of your mishap, time does heal. I'm looking forward to possibly hooking up with some of the western riders this spring. I'll be on the road from May20-June4. Heading back home to the island and of coarse almost every road in B.C. and Alberta..John
Hey John,...keep me posted. If I'm around when you pass by I'd like to hook up for a ride.
I'm planning to head to Med. Hat if the roads are OK around then. Maybe we can hook up. Too bad you couldn't do the Island around July when Kris plans on leading a ride to Tofino and that area.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad